5.21.08 - Fill up your car - gas is going up...

zeitgeist57

I got a call an hour ago from a business contact here in Columbus...the street price for regular unleaded is going up to $3.999 after today.

Not a huge difference, but I know some of you mugs are having difficulty enough as it is. Free info that will help you save a dime or a quarter on a gallon of gas.

I would really enjoy killing every executive in Exxon :nod:

Communist!

This is no surprise, happens every year on this weekend.

OR because gas is hitting $130 a barrel

The oil cartels control what they oil is worth by regulating production. Oil hit $130/barrel because they wanted it to. They could proably produce it at half that cost without going into the red, but they have massive margins to maintain or the shareholders get mad.

The oil cartels control what they oil is worth by regulating production. Oil hit $130/barrel because they wanted it to. They could proably produce it at half that cost without going into the red, but they have massive margins to maintain or the shareholders get mad.

I never said this wasn't the reason. :confused:

you can make your own biodiesel for like 75 cents a gallon or so... or convert it to run off of grease :bangbang:

also, dont you get more MPG with diesel?

directions to that please.

i didnt think you got more pg no

you can make your own biodiesel for like 75 cents a gallon or so... or convert it to run off of grease :bangbang:

My boss's 06 GMC 2500 gets 25mpg doing 80mph on the highway no problem. Diesel trucks are very efficient, you just need to spend a little bit on a good exhaust, intake, and flash programmer.

Plenty of the cummins, duramax, and powerstroke trucks will see over 20MPG with the right mods.

It is getting very expensive to get caught doing that.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/la-me-vegoil6-2008may06,0,1350934.story

There are stories like that all over the internet. Everything from road tax, fines, licensing fees, etc. makes it to expensive. I was reading another article about an IL. man that got fined and the paper said that Bio-Diesel is illegal in one state.

i was just wondering if anyone else sees the comparison here between this and the us regulating the production of, and thus controlling the price of, the commodities markets. (corn, wheat, rye, etc.) i havent looked too much into it as of yet, but i am aware that right now, the price of food around the world is going up dramatically as well.

OR because gas is hitting $130 a barrel

Or the federal reserve is printing money and making our dollar worthless. Today the dollar is worth less than 1 CAD. $1 CAD= .93 USD