New U.S. Top Gear on NBC

Rob1647545496

I have a strong feeling it's going to suck. I also have a strong feeling I'll watch it anyhow then bitch about how badly it sucks.

Aaahhh...I call it "The Fast and The Furious" syndrome.

I totally agree with having Christopher Titus on the show. Television industry experience? Check. Total gearhead? Check. Funny? Check.

I want to see the show be really good. I Love Top Gear been hooked on it for years. They have to be non bais when testing cars for real 'gearheads' to enjoy it. I dont think that can happen the the US everyone is too money hungry. I am hoping for the best tho!

I've also heard that, in order to not lose sponsors, if they don't like a car they won't review it.

FAIL

This is why contemporary US automotive publishing sucks, no one can be honnest and still get cars to review. Here's a neat lil read, mentions a fella from a large publication who hasn't had to buy a car or a drop of fuel for a decade or so, because he recieves more cars to review than he has time to drive.

cause he drives a camry hybrid, and chicks dig guys who care about the environment

You mean they like gay guys? Camry Hybrids are bad for the environment.

This has fail written all over it. I can understand Corolla and Foust, but the other guy?

Ill watch it anyway, just to see how it is, but I don't see it having the same charm and wit as the original.

I believe they cast the other guy to be the American version of a James May character even though May still has quite an impressive automotive background.

Probably one of my fav. things that Clarkson said was (while looking at an olds or buick or something) "this car was built by idiots, it was a piece of crap when it was new and its still a piece of crap"

Probably wont be any knocking on americans much on the US version...

Jesus christ just re-air the UK version on Monday. Way less work, much better show, everyone wins. Cut out the interview and use that time to add commercials. Just like BBC-america has started to do but on a network station like NBC to get a much larger audience. If it's not broke, don't fix it. It's not the #1 show in the world for nothing.