You Know You’re From Columbus, Oh When ...

SLOWLX

--- That complex on the corner, with the CVS, Frisch's, Blockbuster's and Kroger, that was a cornfield last year, too!

this made me lol, it describes stoneridge perfectly (morse & hamilton), and i DO remember when it was just a field!

Great list!!!! You want to leave Ohio, but not Columbus!!

United Skates of America on Refugee FTW (Laces was cool too)

Northland Mall was Great, so was Eastland and Westland was always the crappy one.

I'm gonna throw this out there Does anyone remember the Laser Lights show down by the river front durring summer? It was the same everytime, but we always went.

You can be on any side of town in 20 minutes (30 depending on traffic)

670 windows down FTW

71 S & 104 Windows down FTL

Jesus I love Columbus

O-H

I'll chip in some old man stuff

who went to Skate Town in Reynoldsburg right in front of the pool before they built the bank and converted the roller rink to a bingo hall?

wonder and kroger both have bakeries right next to 670 you smell them both

who remembers the "haunted" prison tours before there was any arena distrcict at all downtown?

anybody ever eat in the restaruant that was over lazurus in eastland mall or gasp see a movie at the theater inside the mall?

most of that stuff is true though columbus is a crazy town

I'll chip in some old man stuff

who went to Skate Town in Reynoldsburg right in front of the pool before they built the bank and converted the roller rink to a bingo hall?

wonder and kroger both have bakeries right next to 670 you smell them both

who remembers the "haunted" prison tours before there was any arena distrcict at all downtown?

anybody ever eat in the restaruant that was over lazurus in eastland mall or gasp see a movie at the theater inside the mall?

most of that stuff is true though columbus is a crazy town

What the hell happened to those days? I remember all that, how about New Albany before Lex Wexner, oh wait what New Albany. Columbus has gone crazy in all directions.

Wow, that's some old school stuff right there!

Can't be that old, I remember that resturant and the movie theater in the mall too, I think I watched Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure there :lol: I'm sure this wasn't supose to be a flash back thread but I remember when Columbus didn't have any Steak N Shakes The olny StarBucks coffee you could get was in bottles and we didn't have a Wal-Mart on every side of town!

-Window's down on 270 by Budweiser plant, makes you thirsty. .

I was going to say this. Every work day I drive by the plant. When it is a nice summer night with all my windows open it smells like beer for a couple minutes! ;)

All of it's a hfcs drink with flavor made somewhere we don't care about. Oh wait, they have a plant here too, in Linden. Makes sense. But soda/pop/fizz juice/whatever you want to call it's kosher. Same stuff.