Here, You Can Be A Mod!!! CREW

nurkvinny

I personally think the if the opposite parties actions/correspondance was what you say it was than it was over the line. If you were clearly enforcing the rules and he had a problem with that then he deserved to be dealt with any way shy of you yourself breaking said rules. Now with that being said, in almost any for sale post you will see evidence of potential buyers trying to offer less, negotiate, haggle, low ball, whatever you choose to call it. I am guilty of this on occasion as well. ALthough for the actual $$$ portion of the deal I reserve to pm's. But asking someone the bottom dollar on a vehicle in a post should not be that big a deal. I had a similar issue with a friend of mine who happens to be a mod on here deleting my post earlier this week. No big deal. I sent him a PM asking what the deal was and he explained why. Now, if the ad clearly states that the price is firm then there should be no asking about a price. It clearly states "Firm". If someone decides they have no common sense to know what firm means then they are in fact an asshat. But if a price is simply put in the ad then as far as I am concerned it is negotiable. Who does pay asking price for a car? This does not change simply because its used. As with most people I know my asking price and inflate that a bit because I know having purchased and sold 100 cars that people do and want negotiate. I negotiate every purchase over $100 for an item. If I buy a tv, I negotiate, hell, I negoted with the manager at wal mart for groceries one time. Lest we forget that at one time everything in this country was negotiated. I remember my dad negotiated appliance prices as a kid. Now on the other had, people of cr are at times treated differently. You do see mods bending the rules for certain people. There are some people who I have seen post off topic in threads including mods and this goes unchallenged. Alot of people on here are good friends with each other and sometimes mods arent as willing to be so stringent with the rules in some cases. I have also seen mods give people more chances on here than they should. I myself wouldnt personally care if someone made a ridiculous offer. As long as when they do it my ad gets taken back to the top, then ask away. Its not that difficult to say "hell no" or "go fuck yourself" or simply "no", "thanks but no thanks" anything. I personally have been in more situations with different mods than I choose to do again. I have been threatened with banment on many occasions. Its usually when someone on either side taking things the wrong way but being able to work these things out quickly and not jumping to conclusions before asking questions is why I havent been banned up until this post. :D So a price should never be criticised. If a guy wants to ask $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for a car than so be it. The market decides what a person can sell anything for anyways. Asking if a price is firm even in a roundabout way shouldnt get anyones panties in a bunch. If the ad states firm then a warning should be administered. $$$$$$ issues should be handled by pm. I dont have a problem with it but if your serious about making a deal, then make the deal happen. Making an offer that you never plan on following up on is stupid and I personally dont see why some of these ads clearly has someone offering to buy a item and then a week later you see a bump in the ad.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed ;)

I personally think the if the opposite parties actions/correspondance was what you say it was than it was over the line. If you were clearly enforcing the rules and he had a problem with that then he deserved to be dealt with any way shy of you yourself breaking said rules.

Now with that being said, in almost any for sale post you will see evidence of potential buyers trying to offer less, negotiate, haggle, low ball, whatever you choose to call it. I am guilty of this on occasion as well. ALthough for the actual $$$ portion of the deal I reserve to pm's. But asking someone the bottom dollar on a vehicle in a post should not be that big a deal.

I had a similar issue with a friend of mine who happens to be a mod on here deleting my post earlier this week. No big deal. I sent him a PM asking what the deal was and he explained why. Now, if the ad clearly states that the price is firm then there should be no asking about a price. It clearly states "Firm". If someone decides they have no common sense to know what firm means then they are in fact an asshat. But if a price is simply put in the ad then as far as I am concerned it is negotiable.

Who does pay asking price for a car? This does not change simply because its used. As with most people I know my asking price and inflate that a bit because I know having purchased and sold 100 cars that people do and want negotiate. I negotiate every purchase over $100 for an item. If I buy a tv, I negotiate, hell, I negoted with the manager at wal mart for groceries one time.

Lest we forget that at one time everything in this country was negotiated. I remember my dad negotiated appliance prices as a kid. Now on the other had, people of cr are at times treated differently. You do see mods bending the rules for certain people. There are some people who I have seen post off topic in threads including mods and this goes unchallenged. Alot of people on here are good friends with each other and sometimes mods arent as willing to be so stringent with the rules in some cases. I have also seen mods give people more chances on here than they should.

I myself wouldnt personally care if someone made a ridiculous offer. As long as when they do it my ad gets taken back to the top, then ask away. Its not that difficult to say "hell no" or "go fuck yourself" or simply "no", "thanks but no thanks" anything. I personally have been in more situations with different mods than I choose to do again. I have been threatened with banment on many occasions. Its usually when someone on either side taking things the wrong way but being able to work these things out quickly and not jumping to conclusions before asking questions is why I havent been banned up until this post. :D So a price should never be criticised.

If a guy wants to ask $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for a car than so be it. The market decides what a person can sell anything for anyways. Asking if a price is firm even in a roundabout way shouldnt get anyones panties in a bunch. If the ad states firm then a warning should be administered. $$$$$$ issues should be handled by pm. I dont have a problem with it but if your serious about making a deal, then make the deal happen. Making an offer that you never plan on following up on is stupid and I personally dont see why some of these ads clearly has someone offering to buy a item and then a week later you see a bump in the ad.

Fuck, I can't spell either :o:D Blind leading the blind man. These aren't cool glasses. It's how I roll when posting. You just can't see the white cane. :cool:

Why didnt you fix any of the spelling mistakes?

That would be a different rule. The rule states that irrelevant posts will be deleted. There was a clause added to state that a criticism of an asking price is considered to be irrelevant. The poster showed interest in the car. The rule was not violated.

I was trying to figure out how to state the rule better going forward.

The rule should specify that both categories of posts will be deleted: irrelevant posts and posts criticizing a price.

I don't think he violated the rules as written, but he certainly stepped outside of courtesy. Any negotiation on price should take place in private. Failed negotiations in public could negatively affect bidding from others.

The bad reaction to a mod is another matter. You can ask for clarification, you can explain your side of a dispute, but you don't insult a mod/admin during the course of their duty.

Now, wasn't that a fun game? :)

Everyone's input has been useful.

I don't blame anyone for contacting a Mod if they feel they were screwed over or mistreated. But, there is a major difference between, "hey man, I think I was within the rules. Why do you think I broke them?" and "I'm glad you enjoy being big man on campus behind your computer screen. Screw this shit."

I'm a nice guy in person; just ask me.

If he didn't like the price, he shoulda taken it to PM.

Also, I don't mean to go off-topic, but why the fuck do people ask for "bottom dollar" amounts on cars? WTF is that broke dick bullshit? If the seller posts a price as OBO, then make an offer, see what the seller's counter offer is, etc. This is called haggling/negotiating, and men have been doing it since the beginning of time, it's nothing new.

Thats all I gotta say, wnaplay already covered it

I think they issue is with your interpretation of the rules. Having been on party B's side of things, there is a huge fucking difference between making an offer, however low ball it seems to you, and actually insulting a price.

Don't know who this person is, but I would probably be on their side.

I was trying to figure out how to state the rule better going forward.

The rule should specify that both categories of posts will be deleted: irrelevant posts and posts criticizing a price.

If you, as a moderator, feel that would be a useful addition to the rules, then absolutely, change it. However, as a consumer, I feel that price negotiation is an important part of any transaction.

• Downvote 1

If you, as a moderator, feel that would be a useful addition to the rules, then absolutely, change it. However, as a consumer, I feel that price negotiation is an important part of any transaction.

Negotiation should be welcomed, but not in the public thread. As I said, a failed negotiation can negatively affect other offers later.

If you make a lower offer, do it privately, and if it's rejected, that should be kept private as well.

Agreed that the rule needs clarification, but I think the bigger issue in this case is the reaction to the mod.

I agree Eli. That being said, open negotiation can be bad for the seller if not handled properly.

Let's say Mr. K asks for $X OBO for his 1998 Chevy Malibu.

Mr. L responds with $Y (substantially below the asking price).

Mr. K give his counter offer of $A.

Mr. L was a cheap ass and doesn't even want to pay that. He does to reply.

Mr. J now enters after observing this negotiation in the open. Without beginning a new cycle, he simply accepts Mr. K's newly listed $A for the sale.

Mr. K may have had to opportunity to get his original $X he asked for. Without the benefit (or intelligence) of a private negotiation (as would be required) Mr. K has lost some money on his sale.

I like variables, I've been doing shitty math all night. I haven't had a math class in 2 years, this sucks.

Does anyone know how (x+1) is a factor of x^(2008)-1?

Neither do I.

It's beer-thirty.