2001 Kawasaki Kx125 Motocross bike

Gump

Runs great,always starts and really moves. Lots of mods i think but i don't know what they are. I put on a 11t front sprocket, replaced the 12t to try and gear it down for the trail. $1200 firm. Which it's not really for the trail it lives in the acceleration zone, balls out all the time. I just had the front fork seals all replaced last month it was leaking a bit. No real reason to sell that's why the price is firm.

Edited by Gump

Don't you usually want to go down on the front sprocket and up on the rear when gearing a 2-stroke for trails? At least in my experience I have found that MX bikes have too tall of a first gear for the slow technical stuff. IMO, that KX could make a sweet trail machine with a heavier flywheel and the right gearing.

Don't you usually want to go down on the front sprocket and up on the rear when gearing a 2-stroke for trails? At least in my experience I have found that MX bikes have too tall of a first gear for the slow technical stuff. IMO, that KX could make a sweet trail machine with a heavier flywheel and the right gearing.

I did go down on the front? 12 to 11. Still the clutch grips crazy hard, NO slip at all, on or off, makes it tough for the trail. When it hits the power band it's gondy. Traction or no traction. It'll burn or pull wheelies on pavement. Hard to keep it stuck.

What do you mean heavier flywheel?

I did go down on the front? 12 to 11. Still the clutch grips crazy hard, NO slip at all, on or off, makes it tough for the trail. When it hits the power band it's gondy. Traction or no traction. It'll burn or pull wheelies on pavement. Hard to keep it stuck.

What do you mean heavier flywheel?

Oh, haha I misread. I thought you typed you went from a 11t to 12t. NVM