Ticket (airline) question, buying, need ASAP

Patrick

So, I am going to go to Georgia Thursday. I just found out today, and will need airline tickets to get there. I know priceline, but are there any other good websites for fairly cheap air tickets? I'm only going one way, and don't care if I have a stopover somewhere. Savannah, to be exact. The price will dictate if I go, this is why I am asking. Thanks!

if you dont care on the time of the flight, go to priceline. start with dirt cheap offer, the worst you will get is a "no", and you can go up 10$ more until someone finally accepts it

i wish i would have started lower with my rental car, but oh well...live and learn. i would have used it for our airfare and hotel, but i wanted a specific hotel and to leave at a certain time...with priceline, you bid, and if they accept it, you get whatever. it could be morning, night, or a hotel within 3 miles of where you're going

• Upvote 1

Damn, why was it so expensive?

The smaller the airport, the more expensive it is to fly into. If there are limited flights with limited carriers, you will pay a premium. Your cheapest tickets will always be the most traveled routes, i.e., Chicago to L.A.

My ticket was last minute to Casper, WY. It was also a refundable ticket since my return date was unknown at the time and guaranteed to change.

I fly 200,000 or so miles per year and I am at the point where I don't even attempt to understand the fare system. I have flown next to people on last minute fares that have paid next to nothing, and I have sat in the back in the middle having paid thousands. It is a strange system.

I can tell you this. Each municipality has a tax associated with planes originating at their airport, this is why DAY is way cheaper to depart from than CVG. So, smaller airports have more expensive flights.

If you are willing to drive, you can fly to JAX and drive to Savannah (it isn't that far).