well..my build begins

Guest tbutera2112

the funny thing is thats why im now just taking my tests at 19 rather than last year. i use to say the same thing then i realized that while being true, being certified allows you to sell yourself alot easier while trying to get a good job.

id rather not take them but it seems to be a big thing places look for when considering hiring techs

true, but if you have the ase's and come in and cant fix a car, you turn into a lube tech real fast and get a pay cut, or just cut period!

do you really want to keep arguing with the guy that was born with a wrench in his mouth and been working in garages since he was a kid?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true, but if you have the ase's and come in and cant fix a car, you turn into a lube tech real fast and get a pay cut, or just cut period!

do you really want to keep arguing with the guy that was born with a wrench in his mouth and been working in garages since he was a kid?

Big difference here is I don't argue what I don't know. Otherwise this 3rd generation ASE certified tech will argue till you can't take it no more.

the funny thing is thats why im now just taking my tests at 19 rather than last year. i use to say the same thing then i realized that while being true, being certified allows you to sell yourself alot easier while trying to get a good job.

id rather not take them but it seems to be a big thing places look for when considering hiring techs

Maybe up there, down here they look for experience.

So, you already have 2 years experience?

uhh, im not arguing with you? lol

and i can work on cars pretty well, most shops that ive worked for have been impressed with what i can do and how much i know for my age.

am i as good as you? fuck no lol, but you also have alot of years on me as well though.

and i can work on cars pretty well, most shops that ive worked for have been impressed with what i can do and how much i know for my age.

am i as good as you? fuck no lol, but you also have alot of years on me as well though.

I have two years on you. You sound like you should be a lube tech.

Maybe up there, down here they look for experience.

So, you already have 2 years experience?

ive been asked if i have had ase's by places that i applied for in florida, north carolina, south carolina, texas, and georgia, last year when i was desperately trying to get out of this state.

this is my second year of actual shop experience, i have 2 years of school experience that counts as well.

LMAO

ive been working in a garage since you was born. when i was youre age i still knew my place to stfu and listen to the guys that did know what was going on.

most shops? :confused: at 19 it sounds as if you have been in a few shops already and didnt know what you was doing. hence why you have been in a few! must not be that dam good!

ive been asked if i have had ase's by places that i applied for in florida, north carolina, south carolina, texas, and georgia, last year when i was desperately trying to get out of this state.

this is my second year of actual shop experience, i have 2 years of school experience that counts as well.

school dont count for shit. hands on is what counts. most schools speak of theory and let you check bugged cars..not much real world experience there

LMAO

ive been working in a garage since you was born. when i was youre age i still knew my place to stfu and listen to the guys that did know what was going on.

most shops? :confused: at 19 it sounds as if you have been in a few shops already and didnt know what you was doing. hence why you have been in a few! must not be that dam good!

you are really pissed at something arent you? lol

ive left all the places that ive worked for because ive been offered jobs that i thought would be better(grass is always greener on the other side) and now i know thats not the truth, now i just want a place that i can stay at and be comfortable, learn, and make money.

the shop that i work for i am the only tech, and i seem to be doing just fine....well other than the fact that the place is slow as hell which is why i wanna leave.

Sounds like people don't want to get their cars fixed by you. You don't even know anything about one of the more popular motors out there.

the shop that i work for i am the only tech, and i seem to be doing just fine....well other than the fact that the place is slow as hell which is why i wanna leave.

your the only tech, thats why your not fired..your slow, maybe you should try fixxing cars instead of tryying to grab them with vise grips!

if the only tech isnt fixxing cars right and pissing people off, they take there car some where that can ;)

you are really pissed at something arent you? lol

ive left all the places that ive worked for because ive been offered jobs that i thought would be better(grass is always greener on the other side) and now i know thats not the truth, now i just want a place that i can stay at and be comfortable, learn, and make money.

Sounds like you won't be getting too many more jobs. Most place don't like job hoppers.

thats why i dont plan on taking a next job unless its a place i plan on staying for a long time.

lots of pent up aggression on this site lol.

NO just lots of dumb fucks in here tonight!

thats why i dont plan on taking a next job unless its a place i plan on staying for a long time.

Not pent up aggression. Too many retards running their mouths. :gtfo:

yoda magic secret to fixx that!

log off,unzip your pants, pull out sack, install vise grips...twist never log back in with intent to post!

Guest tbutera2112

lol wow this thread took off after i went to bed....

rob and hal definately know their shit and i think its hilarious that this guy is tryin to BS with them....

and just2sweet, rob uses exclamation marks in person too, hes always excited lol

i just don't ever see this project working--your car will be down for years. the 4.6 2 valve is a great platform if done correctly, and it doesn't take big bucks to make power. hell, you could slap a conservative blower on your car as it sits and make 400-ish, safe, reliable horsepower through a much lighter combination than you're talking about. throw some good suspension in there, a little weight loss, and you've got 11's all day long, with a car that is as mild mannered (when you want it to be) as can be. its your car, do what you want--my advice is to go with an upgradeable supercharger with 8-10 psi (well within your budget), and turn it up once you get a built bottom end.

• 1 month later...