Zaino- Can you see it?

hpfiend

Hey guys-

Used Zaino this weekend for the first time on my car. It was a faith effort as most times I could not see it going on or coming off. I washed the whole car with Z7, claybarred with Z-18, rewashed with Z7, and then added 5 drops ZFX to 1 oz of Z-2, added it as best I could with the cotton applicator pad- ended up using about 0.5 to 0.75 oz for the whole car, then waited 30 minutes and took it off with a 100% cotton towel again not seeing much come off.

The car does look good and feel smooth but I think it would be better if I knew where I was putting it or taking it off. My car is quicksilver btw which is very reflective. Do you guys use overhead lighting or something to see it? I did it in my driveway (shaded) but I could pull it in the garage next time with a spot light.

I am going to z6 the car this weekend and try another coat of Z-2/ZFX or just Z-2 alone. I drive it every day about 20 miles round trip.

Thanks!

Andrew

Actually this is a sign that you're using it correctly. The coats of Zaino should be soo light that on cars that are silver or white you really need to be in a darker garage with it being light outside to get a good idea of the haze on the surface of the car to see where you're working.

IF you go too heavy with the Zaino it can streak and be a bit finiky...so what you're doing is correct..keep it up.

Get about 3 solid coats on there and you should be good to go.

Andy

Just Z6'd everything but the lower rockers and bottom of quarters/rear valence...

I thought it was too dirty to use Z6 there as it may scratch the paint? Do you guys use it when those areas are dirty from a week of driving?

I plan on leaving those until the next full wash maybe next weekend.