Trail Tech X-bars...your opinions?

Nitrousbird

My now wife bought me a Trail Tech Vapor computer for my Raptor (has tach, speedo, shift lights, water temp, etc. on it). But how I had to mount it doesn't make it very visible.

I want to buy the dashboard kit for it, which replaces the plastic area where the key and dummy lights are located (which is damaged anyway, so that's even more the reason to buy it).

But I found a place that has a combo on closeout for both the dashboard AND Trail Tech's X-bar handlebar for the same price the dashboard normally goes for. And since you have to buy the dashboard for either stock or oversized bars, now would be the time.

But am I asking for problems going to a larger diameter handle bar? Anyone have experience with these bars? They say they will have stock placement, and stock components are supposed to bolt back onto them.

One thing to watch is water/mud with the vapor, I purchased one 2 years ago for my yfz450, have not installed it yet. I have the x-bars also, but havn't installed them. I have heard a lot of bad things happen when you start getting it wet/muddy.

I've had my Vapor for a while, and it has gotten wet A LOT. No issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed/used my X-bars/barmount. Install is pretty straight forward. PITA to get the netural/reverse/overtemp lights into it, but once in they look great. Bars went in easily, everything mounted perfectly.

The whole setup looks awesome. I can now actually see my Vapor when I ride.