What would you like Ohio Riders to be?

Casper

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed it for you.... I agree with everything you said.... quality post my friend!!

Thank 'ya.....Thank 'ya very much!! ;) (I need to find an Elvis smiley :D )

There are a lot of posts about guns, ccw, and self protection, maybe something specific for that.

Good point

Edited by Fonzie

There are a lot of posts about guns, ccw, and self protection, maybe something specific for that.

I agree with this. I think some forums on this might be good. Equipment, laws, events, or whatever else might actually merit a full forum.

I'm sure there could be more things added but I can't really think of anything specific.

The mobile site sucks ass. For some reason I can't access the true "site" anymore with my phone, only the green mobile one.

I agree. Last night I tried to look at the site on my phone and got frustrated. It really blows not being able to just check the new posts!

Hey Ben....is there any way to make our own pages private like my myspace and facebook are? This is an option I would really like. Since the site crashed we always have TONS of guests on that can view all our information and although I am a VERY open person there are a few people that aren't members on here that I would rather not have watching my posts or having access to previous postings by viewing my page. If not it's ok. I was just wondering.

for your own personal page, just don't post stuff you don't want others to know. if someone wants to find something out about you they can PM you, and you can choose whether or not to answer.

I know something my other board does is have a minimum post count to view certain sections. so all the BS we post in the NWS or off topic section won't be seen if a guest views our page. maybe set to 10-15 posts, or less.

might be a little annoying at first to new members though, thats the only downside i see.

as far as the other sections, we really shouldn't be posting incriminating or personal info in their as they are motorcycle related...

for your own personal page, just don't post stuff you don't want others to know. if someone wants to find something out about you they can PM you, and you can choose whether or not to answer.

I know something my other board does is have a minimum post count to view certain sections. so all the BS we post in the NWS or off topic section won't be seen if a guest views our page. maybe set to 10-15 posts, or less.

might be a little annoying at first to new members though, thats the only downside i see.

as far as the other sections, we really shouldn't be posting incriminating or personal info in their as they are motorcycle related...

I don't have personal stuff on my page that everyone doesn't know about me already. It states my bike and profession. Anyone can do a search and find me on the board of nursing anyway. Plus...I disabled the vcard thing. I just would REALLY like the option to have nobody follow my posts, etc. if I don't want them to. It was just a question for Ben...not sure if it's even possible??? hehe.

I don't have personal stuff on my page that everyone doesn't know about me already. It states my bike and profession. Anyone can do a search and find me on the board of nursing anyway. Plus...I disabled the vcard thing. I just would REALLY like the option to have nobody follow my posts, etc. if I don't want them to. It was just a question for Ben...not sure if it's even possible??? hehe.

hey when Ben is not online Natedogg is the boss. Got it?

Here's somethin' minor for 'ya Ben.......Is increasing the size limit of our PM boxes an option?

Oh yeah......And can the ShoutBox be added to the New Posts page, 'cause I never go into the Forums tab where it's at, so I always forget people are chattin' out there

Edited by Fonzie

One other little thing that came to me......Can you give us the ability to change our own thread titles, rather than having to email you or the others with the request

requiring so many posts before you can sell put something up for sale might keep people out that are just here for that purpose :dunno:

We have to do this.

Nothing like trying to sell us shit in their first post.

requiring so many posts before you can sell put something up for sale might keep people out that are just here for that purpose :dunno:
We have to do this.

Nothing like trying to sell us shit in their first post.

Amen. that is Faggotry.

I like the shoutbox on the new posts page idea too. Might get more use that way.

I like the product review section idea, but I think it could be expanded on even more.

How about a general gear board, with the review section being a subforum of that? (you can have subforums to a subfourm, right? I'm not that familliar with vbulletin, just phpbb) A review section sounds like the sort of place that only people who already own a piece of gear would go and post threads about their ownership experience, while a gear board could be place to have virtually any discussion on gear and not just reviews posted by people who own specific pieces. I know I personally hate cluttering up The Daily Ride with gear questions, but they don't really feel like they would belong in Tech Questions either.

Oh, also, I dunno what all is out there, but adding more 'fun' things like rep and the arcade can only help to bolster the good community feeling we have :)

I can't put the shoutbox at the top of the "New Posts" page without it being at the top of every search page. The New Posts is just a search for new posts. Would kinda suck.

I'm going to be replacing the shoutbox with a newer product though. I've found one I really like, and I think you'll all enjoy it much more. It will have a little box like we have now, but also a link to the full version. This will be a page just for chatting live.

As for xxx amount of posts before posting in the classifieds, I like it. I'll get working on it. What sounds good? 10 posts? 20?