Mod the bike or buy project?

schmuckingham

Some of you know that I recently sold my Lightning that was a moderatly fun toy. I then picked up a 1000RR tricycle with next to no miles. Now that winter has befallen me and i have no car to work on I am very sad, the bike is too easy to work on making it capable of being fast doesnt take much work.

I am thinking about picking up a project 1G DSM that has a few things done to it but nothing major aside from the Buschur rebuilt trans. What would most of you guys do? Bolt on parts for the bike oe make the plunge into 4 wheels again?

I would do some small stuff to the bike polish a few things paint some stuff black.

Buy the 1g and get rad in the snow, hell buy a good 1g and drive it in the summer too.

No need, looks baller already

Silver RR ( double bubble windscreen added and refectors removed)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Schmuckingham/Fall08054.jpg

ive owned 7 turbo dsm's and you can not beat the 1g awd dsm for price and power, if it already has a bushur tranny, they have so many used parts for these cars its not funny,http://www.dsmtrader.com even building the engine is so common and easy you can do it with a budget.

ive owned 7 turbo dsm's and you can not beat the 1g awd dsm for price and power, if it already has a bushur tranny, they have so many used parts for these cars its not funny,http://www.dsmtrader.com even building the engine is so common and easy you can do it with a budget.

Buschur rebuilt trans, not sure if its to stock specs or not. I looked it up on their website and it really didnt get indepth about it. Also the motor is a Buschur Stage 1 ( stock rods and coated pistions good to 450awhp according to Buschurs website) with about 9k on the clock for motor and trans.

Buschur rebuilt trans, not sure if its to stock specs or not. I looked it up on their website and it really didnt get indepth about it. Also the motor is a Buschur Stage 1 ( stock rods and coated pistions good to 450awhp according to Buschurs website) with about 9k on the clock for motor and trans.

Damn hows the body on the car? If you do not mind me asking whats he asking for it? get the car, buy a turbo set up from someone that has lost interest or is parting out there car, you could set up a daily low 11 second pump gas car for decent.

I built a 4g63 a few years back with weisco pistons and stock 1g rods with common head work, and 35r i was reving the shit out of the motor and it ran perfect, I bought a used shep tranny and t case from a friend and set up a decent car, The car was sold to a guy in PA and has dipped into the 10's on stock 1g rods, he also did alot more work like putting an ems, and doing alot of other stuff.

Damn hows the body on the car? If you do not mind me asking whats he asking for it? get the car, buy a turbo set up from someone that has lost interest or is parting out there car, you could set up a daily low 11 second pump gas car for decent.

Body has paint fad and from what i can tell there is no body rust but I cant tell until i actually see it. He has a general list of mods but he said he wanted 4k for the car but as of recently stated 3400 will take it home. I dont know what exhaust, if the manifold is cracked, how the valve cover is blah blah all that other stuff.

I was thinking FMIC and piping, bigger injectors, bigger turdblow and DSMlink ( I want two step :D ). I have a SSQ and a set of RC 550cc injectors laying in my garage along with a stealthmode oil feed and drain for a Precision series turbo so yea.