Why do you ride?

jagr

Why do you ride?  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you ride?

• To be a Trackday Junkie. And also to enjoys the scent of sweaty man-leather.
    • So i can destroy my bike in Deliverance country. Also enjoys squeeling like a pig.
    • To get away from my significant other, and restore a non-suicidal mental balance.
    • To fulfill the primal wanderlust of a hunter/gatherer.
    • Because i want an expensive 7 month a year hobby.
    • To seek out new life, new civilisations. To boldly go where no one has gone before!
    • To pick up 16 year old skanks in small, economically depressed country towns.(Hooker option)
    • To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

when i first started riding it was a way to escape for me. right after i bought my bike i headed straight into a real shitty divorce and it was a way for me to blow off steam and reassure myself i was going to be ok alone (i rode alone primarily).

now i ride for enjoyment but its still a way to escape. just me, myself in my helmet, and the road infront of me. nothing else matters when i ride.

0002014E.gifYou are the zen master....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because my girlfriend hated me not having one

yikes, the peer pressure option.

I ride because I had dirt bikes for a few years when I was a kid and I loved it! I relish the feeling of moving through space, the exhilaration of acceleration and the feeling of accomplishment after a good ride! Adrenaline may be addictive, as well ;)

I love the freedom of riding, its a great feeling. I had to choose the hookers option too cuz I haven't done that yet..(but I really wanna)

I love the track and the speed and I am just completely addicted to it... :badgerrock:

00020241.gifI think you just want to be spanked by a hooker....

All of the above!! And of course the simple, "Freedom" (although it's problee closer to Anarchy for me)..pipe them old ladies. Just happened on a quote this weekend, and it goes; "Happiness is the road, NOT the destination". Kinda says it for me.

well, ive allways wanted one and once i got mine i couldnt stop riding it, i put a good thousand miles on it in the first week just riding around town and little bit of highway riding. there good on gas! (if ur not throttle happy.. whoops), there faster than any ricer car that has put over 10k into his car and mines still aton faster

because for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free.

lawl

i love riding because there are few things in life that make you feel so very much alive as riding on 556 (or insert your current favorite road here) with no traffic ahead. on the other hand, it also reminds me how quickly i could die on 536 (or insert your favorite, road that scares you to death here).

I'm strange I guess, I'm not a big bike junkie at least not in the traditional sense. I like them a lot, but I don't get crazy into the speed or the handling, challenge, adrenaline, etc. I like to travel and explore, and doing it on a bike is more enjoyable than any other method.

I love to find a new road, a new terrain, a place that looks neat or forgotten. And, along the way, if I find twisties, gnarly offroad, or whatever I'm happy. I like the social aspect of riding, but only to a point. I'm much happier on a road by myself than riding a path everyone knows and hits.

Grew up on the back of a bike. Rode across the country to the edge of California in a sidecar when I was 10. Been to the Smokies & Manitoba, Canada on the backs of my dad's buddies' bikes, along with countless other "local" trips. Guess it was just a matter of time before I got my own.

Also enjoy the social aspect of it.....the camaraderie. The thrill of twisties, the sweet sound of a screaming motor through the shifts & the power of acceleration is pretty damn addicting as well! ;)

Edited by Fonzie
Punctuation error

None of the above.

I ride because it doesn't remind me of anything but everything reminds me of riding.

Lies, I know riding reminds you of getting dusted by me on any twisties that your ol' gsxr1K has had the privilege of leaning two wheels on.

Take some! :worshipR6: ...and get another bike before the weather breaks so I can continue the dusting, thanks.

Lies, I know riding reminds you of getting dusted by me on any twisties that your ol' gsxr1K has had the privilege of leaning two wheels on.

Take some! :worshipR6: ...and get another bike before the weather breaks so I can continue the dusting, thanks.

This should be a fimiliar sight for you, and if you were riding right now you'd be grabbing for a hand full of brake.

img.aspx?g=1240&i=7331

Dusted... Ha Never! You close enough behind me to know that my skills are far more superior than yours and you should back off until the straight... Always.

This should be a fimiliar sight for you, and if you were riding right now you'd be grabbing for a hand full of brake.

img.aspx?g=1240&i=7331

Dusted... Ha Never! You close enough behind me to know that my skills are far more superior than yours and you should back off until the straight... Always.

We'll see in 2009... :thefinger: ...US52 in VA, you know where!

I ride because I love the freedom of the open roads to the speed and rush of some good twisties!!! Meeting other riders that share the same passion, obsession, love, and desire! I ride to clear my head and blow off steam. When im on my bike my life worries go away all i have to worry about is which direction to go and try to keep the paint side up. Ride to live, live to ride!!!