CPD: arming ohio servicemen akin to arming "gangbangers"

cptn janks

COLUMBUS POLICE SPOKESPERSON: ARMING OUR SERVICEMEN AND WOMEN AKIN TO ARMING "GANGBANGERS"

In opposition testimony on December 11, Columbus Police Sgt. and legislative liaison Mike Weinman suggested that HB450 would "give cart blanc to gangbangers who will threaten police officer safety."

Representatives from Buckeye Firearms Association and the Ohio Rifle and Pistol Association offered proponent testimony Wednesday on Rep. Bruce Goodwin's House Bill 450, legislation that would restore gun rights to members of the armed services or the Ohio National Guard who are between the ages of 18 and 21.

For the second week in a row, however, indications from the committee chair that a vote would be taken did not come to fruition, in either the third hearing on Wednesday or a fourth one on Thursday.

While two amendments were offered and passed in Thursday's meeting (details coming soon), public comments from Chairman Tim Grendell (R-18) have made it apparent that none of the various amendments proponents including Buckeye Firearms Association and the Ohio Rifle and Pistol Association have been backing would be offered to this bill. (For background on the amendments we have been calling for, click here.)

Time is growing very short, and your help is needed RIGHT NOW to ensure that this bill, which passed the Ohio House more than six months ago with an overwhelming 90-3 vote, does not die at the close of the 127th General Assembly

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/6333

wtg CPD! :rolleyes:

a great point in the link there:

"It seems hypocritical to tell a young man or women that they are entrusted with full-auto arms to protect our country, but they can not be trusted with a simple pistol to protect their home. "

contact your representatives and let them know how you feel about this :)

CPD is quite awesome with their drug raids too. Rule of thumb is not to let the door knocker get shot. Tactical entry 101, they must have skipped that. I say get rid of CPD and hire blackwater :lol:

or hire dominos... i mean hey, at least they can get the right address :rolleyes:

"It seems hypocritical to tell a young man or women that they are entrusted with full-auto arms to protect our country, but they can not be trusted with a simple pistol to protect their home. "

Fuck that. They are supervised and have someone telling them their every move when they are entrusted with an automatic weapon. I don't trust an 18-year old running around with a pistol whether he is from the National Guard or not.

Fuck that. They are supervised and have someone telling them their every move when they are entrusted with an automatic weapon.

No, not really. When I was deployed everyone slept with thier rifle and a full alotment of ammo, no direct supervision.

They are trained how to use that weapon, and how not to be a fucktard with it.

Fuck that. They are supervised and have someone telling them their every move when they are entrusted with an automatic weapon. I don't trust an 18-year old running around with a pistol whether he is from the National Guard or not.

This is a stupid fucking statement. There are retards everywhere period and I have seen a shit load of them over 21, hell over 30 that have no business carrying weapons civilian and military. Normally those are the back office people that handle them once every 5 years and are scared of them. In my career field I have anyone from 1 to 3 different guns on me at one time everyday. Some of the 18 year olds that do the same job as me are way more resposible then the older lazier NCO's. I was enlisted and armed before I hit the age of 21 and I was just as responsible as I am now. I dont see how you can tell someone that has gone through thousands of hours on proper shooting safety and techniques along with equal amount of hours in training on actually using your weapons both when and how, that they dont know enough to deserve to carry one civilian. Where I am at the only supervision you have with your weapon and the only person you have deciding when and where you can use it, is yourself. I am willing to bet a whole lot of money that if your "professional skills" were put up next to any of the underage troops here in various shoot/dont shoot situations, that you would loose a number of times.

The liberal agenda will be taking over in full force.

I love people like you. It makes people like me who are sane gun owners look good. The liberal agenda is not coming to take your gun away and your just driving the cost of the market up by panicing . Its awesome to watch.

As for the dominos thanks I spit coffe on my desk.

I love people like you. It makes people like me who are sane gun owners look good. The liberal agenda is not coming to take your gun away and your just driving the cost of the market up by panicing . Its awesome to watch.

You must not be living in the US if you haven't noticed an ANTI-Gun trend. Granted they may not come to my door, they'll balance the laws towards the liberal anti-gun agenda. And I'm a sane gun owner thanks.

Lets just make it so anyone 18 and over (minus felons) can carry a pistol anywhere concealed except for public places of law or court. The 1st catch is you must take a course designed how to handle and shoot your concealed weapon before the state gives you a permit. 2nd catch you can only register 1 gun for this permit and if you are caught with a gun not registered you get a very large fine. And 3 you are able to fire at someone if you feel your life or your family is in danger only if it is below the belt ie "shoot them in the dick/vagina".

Does that please everyone?

You would have to be blind, deaf and tied up in confinement to not see a relationship between liberalism and gun control.

I'd argue that.

Not to mention, as Scott and Mike said, you're dumb if you don't see a significant correlation between liberalism and gun control.

You can scream, 'WE'RE NOT GOING TO BAN ALL OF YOUR GUNZ!!!1!!' all you want. And for this, I would agree. However, any person with some intelligence would recognize that gun rights are stripped away bit by bit; not all at once. And 95% of the time, it's a far left liberal leading the way. 99% of the time, they're completely uninformed on the subject or what exactly they're banning.

I swear to Christ, I think somewhere on the application to become a liberal you have to agree to be completely and blindly anti-gun. I haven't run into a single valid argument yet from the anti-gun movement.

I'd argue that.

Not to mention, as Scott and Mike said, you're dumb if you don't see a significant correlation between liberalism and gun control.

You can scream, 'WE'RE NOT GOING TO BAN ALL OF YOUR GUNZ!!!1!!' all you want. And for this, I would agree. However, any person with some intelligence would recognize that gun rights are stripped away bit by bit; not all at once. And 95% of the time, it's a far left liberal leading the way. 99% of the time, they're completely uninformed on the subject or what exactly they're banning.

I swear to Christ, I think somewhere on the application to become a liberal you have to agree to be completely and blindly anti-gun. I haven't run into a single valid argument yet from the anti-gun movement.

So what am I then if I am a liberal that legally owns firearms?