YOU CANT park your own car in your own driveway!!!

rch10007

Not if he agreed to the by-laws when he moved in. Or voted for the changes, or just did not vote.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

PS - If he refuses to pay the fines, the HOA can put a lien against his house too ;)

You would be surprised how many HOA rules are actually illegal but most residents don't know any better.

i was told by mine i couldnt have my oldsmobile outside cause it was rusty and not up to "standards" and was loud....i got a fine for it and my trashcan being out to long. I sent the fine back with a note that said go fuck yourselves lol but i moved shortly after so i dunno what happened

Not if it is in a condo community. There, the homeowner only owns from the siding of the home in.

:(

KillJoy

Depends on the rule. The biggest would be rules pertaining to satellite dish placement. If the rule on where it cannot be placed prevents you from ever obtaining satellite service, it is illegal. Even in condo's and apartments. It's a Federal Law, but most people do not know this and won't fight it.

Here is the law

The rule (47 C.F.R. Section 1.4000) has been in effect since October 1996, and it prohibits restrictions that impair the installation, maintenance or use of antennas used to receive video programming. The rule applies to video antennas including direct-to-home satellite dishes that are less than one meter (39.37") in diameter (or of any size in Alaska), TV antennas, and wireless cable antennas. The rule prohibits most restrictions that: (1) unreasonably delay or prevent installation, maintenance or use; (2) unreasonably increase the cost of installation, maintenance or use; or (3) preclude reception of an acceptable quality signal.

They do this in alot of places. For example, when I lived in California, you could get a ticket in Irvine (not technically a normal city) for having ANY rust on your automobile. Not to mention, you're allowed no freedom on any changes made to your home and property unless approved within strict specs. Fuck That. I'd rather spend the money it costs to normally live in those communities, and buy a piece of property where I can run around my piece of shit car in the front yard naked if I want.

Depends on the rule. The biggest would be rules pertaining to satellite dish placement. If the rule on where it cannot be placed prevents you from ever obtaining satellite service, it is illegal. Even in condo's and apartments. It's a Federal Law, but most people do not know this and won't fight it.

As a landlord of a small apartment complex I've faced this BS too. Had to go through this BS when tenants were wanting and some actually did mount the dish to the front of the building making it look shitty. Fuck that.....it's my building.

Instead I had our counsel write it up and approved that I will pay for the relocation and installs to the back of the building where reception is still acceptable and the dishes are out of site. Fuck the ghetto look. I pay for it initially, but make up for it as their rent goes up next year to cover the costs and or the next tenet has to pay for it in their contract fees; but I'll be damn if it's going to look like shit.

I love our own neighborhood now, but can't wait to move someplace that has some parking restrictions. My personal pet peeve is people who fill their garage with household shit and leave their cars in the driveway or street. Go buy a storage unit or throw the shit out. I don't so much mind the driveway, but the on-street parking just makes the neighborhood look like a college campus and difficult to drive through....especially when it snows and the crew we hired can't properly/completely plow the streets.

As a landlord of a small apartment complex I've faced this BS too. Had to go through this BS when tenants were wanting and some actually did mount the dish to the front of the building making it look shitty. Fuck that.....it's my building.

Instead I had our counsel write it up and approved that I will pay for the relocation and installs to the back of the building where reception is still acceptable and the dishes are out of site. Fuck the ghetto look. I pay for it initially, but make up for it as their rent goes up next year to cover the costs and or the next tenet has to pay for it in their contract fees; but I'll be damn if it's going to look like shit.

I love our own neighborhood now, but can't wait to move someplace that has some parking restrictions. My personal pet peeve is people who fill their garage with household shit and leave their cars in the driveway or street. Go buy a storage unit or throw the shit out. I don't so much mind the driveway, but the on-street parking just makes the neighborhood look like a college campus and difficult to drive through....especially when it snows and the crew we hired can't properly/completely plow the streets.

Yeah it's a pain. Although if your HOA is pissing you off, it's always fun to hit them with SHIVA violations, which is what I did at my old condo in New Albany.

I'm glad I live in the country. I can take a piss in my front yard and no one cares.

I take a piss in my backyard and I live in the city. I don't really care if someone sees my penis at 2am when I am drunk. The backyard is closer then my bathroom h0h0h0

My personal pet peeve is people who fill their garage with household shit and leave their cars in the driveway or street. Go buy a storage unit or throw the shit out. I don't so much mind the driveway, but the on-street parking just makes the neighborhood look like a college campus and difficult to drive through....especially when it snows and the crew we hired can't properly/completely plow the streets.

I agree... my next door neighbor's house has a garge filled with junk and they do not park in their garage and then end up parking in front of my house as well as half of the time, the back end of their cars end up blocking part of my driveway. I almost rain into them yesterday trying to pull through the snow.