YOU CANT park your own car in your own driveway!!!

rch10007

As someone who has to deal with a HOA, this makes me sick. My HOA won't go after my next door neighbor for growing pumpins on the side of his driveway, planting 50 trees around his property, (sub division) planting plants that have turned his lawn into some kind of Vietnam rain forrest etc...then I see what they are trying to force on this guy.

As someone who has to deal with a HOA, this makes me sick. My HOA won't go after my next door neighbor for growing pumpins on the side of his driveway, planting 50 trees around his property, (sub division) planting plants that have turned his lawn into some kind of Vietnam rain forrest etc...then I see what they are trying to force on this guy.

My HOA contracted some WT tow truck driver to enforce parking on one side of the road only, but not to tow the people who park right next to stop signs or in the middle of a 3 way intersection. Most of the time they have no idea what they are doing and think they are making their neighborhood a nicer place to live when in reality it is making it more of a pain in the ass

We had a nieghbor like that....but we all believe one of her adjacent neighbors had enough because after about 3yrs of the Amazon jungle the whole front yard was hit with some type of industrial herbicide. Everything was killed, even what she had left of her lawn.

They moved back to Greece the following year...but only after being cited for having two PODS in their driveway for months. :rolleyes: Thankfully the new nieghbors have a very nicely done yard and a cool Cuda in the garage.

I can understand some rules to keep your community nice, but telling me that my brand new vehichle wasn't 'classy enough' for them would seriously piss me the fuck off. I'd make life hell for every single person in that community from there on out. I'd find every loophole possible and exploit the shit out of it.

How the hell are these considered "Luxury trucks": Chevy Avalanche, Honda Ridgeline ???

A "luxury" truck generally refers to a large, truck-LIKE vehicle that cannot actually perform any of the useful activities occasionally required of a real truck.

My minimum requirements to define a "real" truck are; towing a trailer of more than 6,000lbs, and carrying at least one pallet's worth of concrete block on-board. In the case of a 4WD, it also has to be able to make it's way through terrain equivalent to a farm field while carrying at least half of that load.

The Avalanche just meets those requirements, so I wouldn't call it a luxury truck. The Ridgeline blows it on all counts, however, and is firmly in "luxury" territory.

My friend in westervile got a warning from his HOA about his lawn furniture being green. Rules are that it has to be "wood color". Oh and he got a ticket for parking in vistor parking for three days while they put a new roof on his house. Fucking old people who try and rule the world.

"Old people"? Dude, it's usually the mid-level management types who dominate HOAs. That's why HOA's are so petty. They're ruled over by people who have advanced as far in life as they're going to, know it, hate it, and are determine that if they can't advance their career, they'll expand their control in their private lives...

Yeah it's a pain. Although if your HOA is pissing you off, it's always fun to hit them with SHIVA violations, which is what I did at my old condo in New Albany.

What's this SHIVA you talk about? Google only turns up a bunch of references to Hindu mythology.

Guest tbutera2112
if i was that guy ide park my truck in the garage and get the most ratted out piece of shit ever and throw it up on blocks in my driveway...it would so be worth the fine just to piss them off

If you don't like a rule don't live in that community. I hate the HOA nazis too, but they're mostly there for the greater good.

Agreed. My problem is they dont enforce the rules on the books and nitpick over the vague ones.

If you don't like a rule don't live in that community. I hate the HOA nazis too, but they're mostly there for the greater good.

I agree with that also.A guy in our neighborhood wanted to put in an above ground pool.A No No in our hood.He did some searching and the definition of an in ground pool is if it's 6 inches below the surface of the ground.Needless to say the neighbors are pissed as all but 6 inches of the above ground pool is visible.I like HOA if they enforce ALL the rules as it keeps your neighbor hood nice and protects my largest investment,my house.

Coming from the law itself, any contract, that includes with the HOA is VOID if it violates any local/state/federal laws. Period. No argument.

I say find a law that backs his case up and the contract becomes void.

In the case of the truck then I'd say he's entitled under US constitution and pretty much all state/local constitutions/charters to individual property rights to have his truck and put it where he wants.

Remember Donald Trump and his 80foot US flag:-)

^^^ I never heard that story about good ol Don. Basic contract law states that no contract is above the law. If a clause in your contract violates the law then that clause can be ignored and if the other party places penalty or files a civil case against you well guess who is going home empty handed! I wonder if you could void the whole contract and then be able to live there with no rules over your head? Hmmm.

Samething here in our neighborhood. We have a lot of rules here. No vehicle can sit more than 48 hours in the same spot. A car can not sit in the driveway immobile. A car cover cannot be put on a vehicle outside. We got one for our tow truck being outside infront of the house. Also we have pond dues even though our property isnt even on the pond just facing it. In the original drawing of the property the pond was supposed to be on our property but doesnt even touch it at all.

i got a note saying i had to move my civic because it didnt run. it say in my driveway, with tags up to date and insurance, with full body pannels etc. just no engine under the hood. i got a notice to move it within 30 days or i would get a ticket or some crap. i live in columbus, not in a gated community. almost near the hood. we have that community board shit. f- them. they havent done shit for my area. im talking morse rd / karl rd area.