Cool vid of the new F-150

zeitgeist57

I'm an old-school Chevy Teeruk kind of guy, and ANYONE could come up with creative tests to show how one product outperforms others...but I have to say this is a pretty cool vid of the F-150 competing in various tests against the Ram, Tundra and Silverado.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/26/video-mike-rowe-takes-on-dirty-job-of-comparing-full-size-picku/

And this is why I've been wanting to upgrade since they released the 09. I just can't justify going from no truck payment to having a truck payment in this economy.

Theres a dealer out here that is doing the first 18mnths prepaid... im tempted...

The frame flex test is pretty cool to watch and probably the only test they did that couldnt be skewed too much by the driver. All of the new trucks out right now are pretty good. I get to see all of the trucks up close and personal inside and out and that influences what I drive. My F150 has been great and Ford has made some pretty cool changes to the 09 that should make them even better.

I saw a video similar to this, well, they only tested the frame flex a year or two ago, and the same thing happened if i remember right, its quite fun to watch. If i remember right, the tundra lost a bunch of paint back then, and it seemed that way now too. All I can say is that the F150 has been America's number one selling pick up for a long ass time for a reason. FORD FTW!!!

I'm not a bit surprised to see Toyota flunk out on every test, they're shit. Sorry if you own one, have fun driving it around town. Don't even consider towing or hauling anything close to it's rated payload, and don't expect it to still be running in ten years.

As for the Chevy, hey great, Ford has a little less body roll, goody. Now try loading twice the rated payload into both vehicles and try it again.

Besides, my final criterion is that I don't like my trucks to burst into flames at odd times. I'll stick to Chevy.