Quick 1965 GTO/Tempest Question

Patrick

Hey, I've been reading up on GTO's lately.

Now, I know the GTO was an option package for 64-65 on the Tempest. However, I haven't been able to find out if they used the same body parts ie grille/fender and such.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Specifically, I am wondering if a GTO grill will bolt straight to a Tempest of the same year, specifically 1965.

(I'm looking at a 65 tempest, is why I ask)

Looks like it's the same for the LeMans/GTO...not sure about the Tempest however.

http://www.pysales.com/iwwida.pvx?;PRODUCTS_DTL?cat=PY05%20%20%20%20%20%20&COMP=py1

Click that link, then go to "Front End", then to "Grills"

http://www.pysales.com/images/rpf265.jpg

Item: RPF265

Description: 65 GTO/Lemans Grilles

These are sold in a pair and are triple-chrome plated and detailed in silver and black like original. They are made of ABS plastic and includes mounting hardware.

Unit of Measure: PAIR

Quantity Available: Yes

thank you, that was exactly what I was needing to know. never a fan of the tempest grille, I always thought the GTO's looked better. Maybe a clone in the works if I get it? Who knows, still waiting for taxes and my galant to sell.

The dead giveaway on GTO clones are the "gills" stamped in the Tempest's rear fenders ahead of the rear wheels, GTOs did not have these. So there is no fooling anyone that knows their classics with just a grill and nameplate swap.

I'd probably put just the grille on it. I think the GTO's just looks much better. If I even got it.