If you had a ls1 rx7 would you trade for this?

Linc5.0

What to do...  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What to do...

• keep the LS1 RX-7
    • Trade for the Supra

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That 478 is probably a pump gas tune. It has a fuel system so it is 650-700whp capable with that turbo.

That being said, unless it has had all the suspension, brake system upgraded to TT spec, the 6spd swap, and the rear end swap, you are dealing with weaker/shittier parts. Has a thicker head gasket been put on?

IMO I would keep the 7. If you are going to trade for a Supra, go with a turbo model from the start, unless someone has done all the above mentioned modifications. Then I MIGHT consider it.

NA-T Supra 15-20k. LS1 FD 25-30k. The last time I was actually paying attention to the market for the cars.

stupid big audio system? TV's n'shit? overweight car? NA-T timebomb?

I wouldn't even consider it.

I've never been comfortable with the idea of trading cars. If there was *anything* wrong with the Supra that did work on your old RX-7, you'd second-guess your decision to get rid of it.

+1 Not to mention that there is no factory rear seat, factory paint color, front seats, and who knows what other factory parts are missing. The cars that bring the big money are unmolested factory turbo cars or the full tilt 1500hp versions but those guys lose 50-75% of what they have in them as with any highly modified car.

The primary reason that people trade is because they can't get anything out of them in the market which is the true indicator of somethings value. I tried to trade for anything with decent blue book (hondas, toyotas, newer stock cars), cars that would be fun (c4s/E36 M3s), and what I ultimately wanted c5s and c5 z06's for a long time with my modified 5.0 coupe before I decided to take the gas.

Beware on the trade initiator side as well as I did have a guy that was willing to trade his 95 c4 for it but I wouldn't have traded my car bone stock for that one after seeing and riding in it- I sort of felt bad as after a ride in mine he was in love. I also had a 8 second grand national, E46 M3, and a nitrous 98 C5 offer which I also declined after finding out more information. I could have parted the grand national so that was probably a mistake but I could have parted mine for a lot more than I sold it for as well I just didn't have the time/space/energy to do it.

Edited by hpfiend

he conspicuously doesn't mention what transmission is in it, so am I to assume that it's an auto? Combine that with the body kit, it not being a real turbo car, and the fact that it was likely owned by a youger guy (by looking at the mods) and I'd say bail. You'd be better off tweaking things on the FD.

The only way I'd see doing it is if you've always wanted a Supra more than any other car on the planet. Then get it and fix it (looks wise).

keep the 7, he doesent mention the transmission at all and if its was a NA 5sp the supra will have a w58 transmission and they can only reliably hold 300-350 anything over is death if you run them hard.

both cars are really rare but the 7 is a better bet.

Good choice letting this one go. I wouldn't do it, and that's coming from a Supra owner. With all of the shit that would need to be done to that MKIV to un-gay it, it wouldn't be worth it. Plus, there isn't too much about the engine listed, and there are a few necessities when doing a NA-T 2JZ (thick headgasket, etc.)