What kind of Ipod should I go with

XChris1632X

I am looking to replace my old Ipod 30g video with either a new classic 120G or an Itouch. I use a shuffle for the gym so I dont need either one there. I only watch vids seldomly, like during a long car ride or when I am going to be away for awhile. I like the apps and other things I can do with the Itouch but I like the 120G of the Classic and it seems way more durable. I do use it in the car put I just plug it in and stick it in the glove box. What do you guys prefer.

I loved my iPod Classic 20gb for years. Took a huge beating and kept going up until just before Christmas when she was officially dead. I still have it in hopes of operating and fixing her someday if I'm good.

I looked at some refurbs and new ones and was going to go with the video 80 or classic 120 via online or one of the many people selling them.

Then I realized all I needed was a small portable unit as I never listened to more than 4-8gbs of songs anyway.

I'd say check out http://www.sansa.com

I bought the clip 4gb unit for most of my on the go stuff. has an fm radio too which is cool as I use it in my basement where I don't have FM reception on my system. This unit does get reception and quite well. Got mine for $45

They have larger 32gb units with video too.

I use iTunes, but for this one I simply drag and drop the songs. Money saved.

May not be your thing but for me it was money saved. Good to know of the options.

If you dont use it for working out or watching vid's id get 120gig classic (damn i didnt even know they made them in 120gig). I have a shit ton of cd's, only half of which are on my hard drive and i think ive only got like 10gigs of music. My 4g mini goes with me in the car, work and the gym.

I love my ITouch. It's my internet source when I don't have a comp but have wi-fi. All the apps are pretty nice to have, but I wish they had a larger model. If you need the room for music, get the 120g, if you don't need all of that, get the Touch. I like how much easier the touch is to navigate through than the regular pods.

I just bought a 16 gb iPod Touch a couple of weeks ago. Like you, I normally use a Shuffle, so I'm not accustomed to carrying around hundreds of gigs of music. And since I have to plug it in to the Mac to recharge it anyway, I just add new music then. 16 gb's is more than enough room for me to work with.

The apps are awesome, and it really is an elegant little piece of machinery. Plus, you can get all kinds of accessories, since it's built on the same form factor as the iPhone.

I recommend it - especially since you already have a Shuffle.

Whats the battery life like on the touch. My 30G Video lasts a little over an hour watching movies but my buddies new classic will last like 12. I def want something with a longer batt life than an hour.

I haven't really stretched it to the max yet, but I think the estimates are around 6 hours. Less with video, of course.