Kenny, RIP, you will be remembered.

Supplicium

Motorcyclist Killed In High-Speed Crash

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 11:19 PM

Updated: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:56 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Police said speed was a factor in a motorcycle crash that killed a man Tuesday night on the city's northwest side.

The crash occurred at the intersection of Henderson Road and Winterset Drive at about 10 p.m., 10TV's Patrick Bell reported.

Witnesses told 10TV News that two motorcyclists were speeding on Henderson Road when one of the bikers slammed into a car that was making a turn, Bell reported.

SLIDESHOW: Images From Scene

"It looked like two motorcycles were racing," said John Tarini, who witnessed the crash.

The motorcyclist, whose name was not immediately released, as pronounced dead at the scene. The other biker was not injured.

"This motorcycle just came out of nowhere, he was flying, there aren't any skid marks on the road or anything, he never stopped," Tarini said. "(The other driver) had plenty of time to make it through the light and he just came out of nowhere and was right there and slammed into her."

The driver of the car was not seriously injured in the crash, Bell reported.

A portion of Henderson Road was closed for several hours after the crash. It reopened early Wednesday morning.

The crash remained under investigation.

Stay with 10TV News and 10TV.com for more information.

Edited by Supplicium
RIP Kenny

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man i saw that on the news this morning, i have one guess who i think it is that usually would be here now!

Anthony you may want to close registration on the board down agian because they will probably try and blame it on CR again like always.

I'm already pissed I have to read this comment on the story at NBC4i.com:

Posted by ( Bodie ) on March 18, 2009 at 8:23 am

They aren’t called SplatCycles or Sui-Cycles just for fun. What could a rider be thinking (NOT) to ride at high speed in a city or freeway area ?

If you are going to do it carry an organ donor card PLEASE !!!!!!!!!