Dublin Theft Alert

TheHaze

I'm trying to remain relaxed about this, but it's difficult: someone stole the fucking doors off my Jeep. All of this happened while I was working my ass off at work at my job-place, Lowe's in Dublin.

I arrived to work at 8am today, parking in my usual spot. When I went to lunch at noon, I walked to the Jeep to the surprise that both my doors were completely missing. I have nothing of value in the Jeep so nothing else was stolen. I spoke with a coworker who arrived to work at 9:45am and he said he noticed I had no doors. So, therefore, the time of the thievery was between 8:01am-9:44am.

I filed a police report with Dublin P.D. and notified my insurance company. While I was speaking with the officer, who was very kind and accommodating, he said he 'd never been called out to report stolen auto doors, and as he said that, he got a dispatch call about someone down the road from Lowe's, at El Vaquero's, reporting their Jeep doors stolen. About 30 minutes later, another call, again just a ways down the road on Sawmill, another door theft. That's three stolen Jeep door reports, just in Dublin. This is my warning to all of you Jeep Wrangler owners at there, to watch your shit. I'll be picking up some door hinge locks later this week, as well as a machete and beating-stick.

Now I ask for some help:

1. If any of you guys happen to come across a set of black '99 Wrangler doors, with chrome mirrors and beige inner-door panels, please notify me or the Dublin P.D. This was a full door, with manual windows.

2. My deductible at State Farm is $500; what would the best way be to go about getting two door replacements? Cheapest place to get new doors? Most expensive place to get a door estimate(:D).

Thanks for any help you may provide. I was very angry today. :mad:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a Jeep only yard out near Springfield, they seem to be the reason you never find Jeep parts in the rest of the Columbus junkyards. Unfortunately, I've been trying, and unable, to find any contact info on them for months meself. I've talked with 4 or 5 people who've been there, and when I ask for numbers or an address, they never have it, and can't give me directions beyond, "Well, it's out near Springfield...." and a puzzled expression. A little spooky when you think about it....

They were in the phone book for years, they had a 1/4 page ad in the old Yellow Pages. Now they aren't listed.

I just got back from eating at 5 Guys in Polaris: I overheard an older gentleman explaining to his friend that his doors were taken off his Jeep earlier today in Westerville. :eek::mad::(

To be honest, I'm really not angry anymore, just kind of feeling pity that someone's lack-of-ethics allows them to take something like doors. Not only did they steal from someone, they have seriously hampered my travel to work and school on poor-weather days and caused me quite a bit of stress in now having to deal with my insurance company for the next couple of days.

I don't know if you need half doors or full doors but there are tons of them on ebay right now

I had full doors :(. The ones on ebay are a pretty penny, still. I'm considering getting just half doors and getting locking hinges for them.

Damn I hate a fucking thief...

Someone stole my spare tire out from under my truck sometime within the last couple months. At least I saw the wire hanging that holds it up before I had a flat.

I believe this happened in my driveway. Time for some cameras...

Damn I hate a fucking thief...

Someone stole my spare tire out from under my truck sometime within the last couple months. At least I saw the wire hanging that holds it up before I had a flat.

I believe this happened in my driveway. Time for some cameras...

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Unless there's some sort of black-market for spare tires.