How big is your turbo??

DOZZER

The MS3 uses a small K04 but it gets the job done. Anything bigger on the stock bottom End will likely cause a boom that I don't care to deal with.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/110643656.jpg

Maybe a nice re-worked one will due for now

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/110643163.jpg

The above offers:

Ported and Polished Housings

Larger Billet Aluminum Lightweight Compressor Wheel

Clipped Turbine Wheel

If I blow the stock seals for any reason, I'll consider going that route.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Red, green, white. Just a bunch of marketing hype. It's in a stock frame so it can't make very much power.

HAHA ya right, IM a DSM'er I know all about the FP Red, and FP Green and the FP White hah cant fool me

dude, thats a small turbo. ^^

yeah, but the K04 does the job. I'm game for a roll with ya ;) I ran a buddy who works at Byers in a new STi. 40-120 and he had me by about 1.5 cars at the end. You spool a little longer in RPM's so upon shifts from 3-4 and 4-5 I drop back a bit each time. I didn't flat foot shift her though but she takes doing so quite well. They built the transmission well. I'm sure I'll see you around.

Clipped wheel.....................ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh small fail

yes/no, keep in mind the costs and the fact that it's simply a re-worked stock turbo. power gains are there and lag isn't an issue stock nor on these. just a consideration vs a larger Garrett that will require internals first. I've not decided yet.

What is the next step up in turbo for the MS3?

GT3071R it's efficient up to 22 psi on the MS3 2.3L turbo engine and can produce 450 crank HP as configured with supporting mods and proper tuning.

It's a great set up when configured properly on the car. THere are a number of guys running them. Lag is a bit longer but that's okay. I've ridden in a friends with his set up and when she spools, he's gone!

It would be fun to have, but the MS3 isn't meant to be a straight line car so to me, I'll save my money. She's fun just as she is really.

May not make crazy power, but will get ridiculous enough shaft speeds to spin itself apart in short order. :o

I was actually kidding.

63 lb. per minute and stealth as hell.

It can't hold a candle to an HTA35r on say a shearer manifold, but I am making more power than a lot of guys on older standard 35Rs.

I was actually kidding.

63 lb. per minute and stealth as hell.

It can't hold a candle to an HTA35r on say a shearer manifold, but I am making more power than a lot of guys on older standard 35Rs.

I wasnt. :D Its nice if your going for some sort of stock appearing record, but the shaft RPM gets really out of control north of 25psi. They don't last very long at higher boost levels because of it.

Just tell them its a JDM turbo when you pop your hood.

you mean 3.2l? Cause I know the FD doesnt have a 3L

Nate's correct, my 95 is a 3.0. 96+ were 3.2.

either way, the m3 is my DD during the summer and not getting a turbo as much as I'd love to. I already have one needy turbo car, no need to complicate the situation further. I decided that when I bought the FD that because of such I'd never boost the M3.

I wasnt. :D Its nice if your going for some sort of stock appearing record, but the shaft RPM gets really out of control north of 25psi. They don't last very long at higher boost levels because of it.

Really??

The Red was designed for 30 psi plus. FP doesn't even recommend the turbo if you don't intended on running 30 or higher. Mine is set at 30 without problem. I am actually going to bump it up to 35 with meth or race gas this year. I know of a couple cars that have a ton of hours and passes on 40 psi without a failure yet. One of the guys that helped test the turbo actually had a shaft speed sensor, and it wasn't really out of hand on high boost. I wish I could find the thread on Evom I am talking about.

On a green, white, or stock I agree with you though.

Just tell them its a JDM turbo when you pop your hood.

:lol: It's mad tyte JDM yo!