Earth hour! What are you doing?

Lustalbert

This will do absolutely nothing. Just because we're not using the power, it doesn't mean that the power plants stop generating it. They'll be burning coal/oil etc all the same. You can't shutdown and restart a power plant in anything less than a week I believe. So honestly, "Earth Hour" will be WASTING energy rather than saving it. It's just another hair-brained tree-hugger attempt at saving the planet that's only shows how ill-informed these people really are.

This will do absolutely nothing. Just because we're not using the power, it doesn't mean that the power plants stop generating it. They'll be burning coal/oil etc all the same. You can't shutdown and restart a power plant in anything less than a week I believe. So honestly, "Earth Hour" will be WASTING energy rather than saving it. It's just another hair-brained tree-hugger attempt at saving the planet that's only shows how ill-informed these people really are.

This man speaks the truth!

The whole thing seems like some bullshit "esurance" publicity stunt

I'll be inviting
over for a tree cutting party. Then, we're going to sit around a campfire of said trees, singing Kumbaya, and talking about all the energy we're saving by turning off the lights.

i about fell out of my chair . . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGho66XLmO8&NR=1

+1 for O'doyle, people that drive hybrids with eco bumper stickers, energy conservation hour and people that put ads on TV not to use the word ghey, make me want to drive my SUV faster, never turn off my lights in the house and use "ghey" as much as possible.

i about fell out of my chair . . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGho66XLmO8&NR=1

+1 for O'doyle, people that drive hybrids with eco bumper stickers, energy conservation hour and people that put ads on TV not to use the word ghey, make me want to drive my SUV faster, never turn off my lights in the house and use "ghey" as much as possible.

I dont' know, you are starting to sound like a tree hugger more and more.

Last time I saw you, you were quoting MPG figures for your G5 ?

:p