Trial starts

Casper

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not a legal expert and only have my opinion really but I'll toss it out there. The prosecution is going into this case thinking they have an excellent case because they have an eye witness testifying that racing was the cause of the wreck. That's a pretty strong thing to overcome for the defense. What you'll see happen is the defense is going to dig through her life with a back hoe and then sift it with a fine toothed comb to discredit her. The fact she testified she lied to the insurance company will help the defense discredit the rest of what she said. Not to mention everything else they dig up on her. I feel bad for this guy. I don't know him but I know that he could easily be me or anyone I know at one point in our lives.

The issues is he admitted to letting out because of tire splipage. I hope he gets off easy.

Why does the picture of the women at the mic look like she is smiling?

Because she is, watch the video, that is Monica Durban.

http://wwwphp.10tv.com/vplayer.php?clip=2009_04_22_Woman_Testifies_In_Racing_Trial.wmv

Because she is, watch the video, that is Monica Durban.

Hey, at least she's able to smile. I'm not so sure if I was put through what she was without any cause of my own that I'd be smiling much. She must have a pretty supportive network and a good therapist. Notice they didn't show her father....

I don't think she's smiling out of sarcasm though.

Jury clears man in street racing trial

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/04/23/story_smith_verdict.html?sid=102

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A Grove City man was found not guilty of several charges, on Thursday, including involuntary manslaughter and aggravated vehicular homicide, in connection with a 2008 crash that killed a man. Prosecutors said that Brandon Smith, 20, of Grove City was responsible for George Staton Jr.'s death and causing severe injuries to another driver who was traveling the other way along Interstate 70.

Staton's car crossed the median and was struck by a sedan driven by Monica Durban. She spent six weeks in a coma and suffered brain damage. Staton, 30, died at the scene, 10TV News reported.

The jury deliberated the case for about one hour, 10TV's Cara Connelly reported.

If convicted on all charges, Smith could have been sentenced to more than six years in prison.

Stay with 10TV News and 10TV.com for continuing coverage.

I'm not a legal expert and only have my opinion really but I'll toss it out there. The prosecution is going into this case thinking they have an excellent case because they have an eye witness testifying that racing was the cause of the wreck. That's a pretty strong thing to overcome for the defense. What you'll see happen is the defense is going to dig through her life with a back hoe and then sift it with a fine toothed comb to discredit her. The fact she testified she lied to the insurance company will help the defense discredit the rest of what she said. Not to mention everything else they dig up on her. I feel bad for this guy. I don't know him but I know that he could easily be me or anyone I know at one point in our lives.

I think you may have been confused. The "she" you are referring to is not on trial. Am I wrong? Am I confused?

wow, thats the first time i have seen the pictures. I it didnt say GTO anywhere i would not have been able to tell anyone what kind of car it was. Simply amazing. Good news for Brandon, but still my heart goes out to the woman that was hit and her family. Thats so tough...man...

I wonder if he got charged with anything? even a misdemeanor? I think a civil suit will be hard to push with this ruling. now statons family on the other hand will be determined on what they have to offer so to speak.... good news for brandon

First i wanna start out by thanking everyone on here that has stood behind me the whole time! I also want to put it out there that i am definetly glad the way everything turned out other that the fact george lost his life and most importantly monica life is forever changed and believe me when i say i had nothing to do with it i was at the wrong place at the wrong time and i am glad i am not the only one who seen it this way! And i will never forget what happened that night for the rest of my life!

First i wanna start out by thanking everyone on here that has stood behind me the whole time! I also want to put it out there that i am definetly glad the way everything turned out other that the fact george lost his life and most importantly monica life is forever changed and believe me when i say i had nothing to do with it i was at the wrong place at the wrong time and i am glad i am not the only one who seen it this way! And i will never forget what happened that night for the rest of my life!

Damn dude, I hope you pay it forward. You got very lucky.

shit happens glad to see you got out of all of it

You coming out tonight?

It was (and is) a horrible situation for all involved. But if I ever meet you man, I am buying you a beer. Congrats.

Good to see you are not behind bars man. You would not deserve to be.