The time thread from trails today.

V8 Beast

The cars best of the day was 12.66, personal best of 12.44 last year but the clutch was going out and I have the heavier rear end in it so it's not that disappointing.

The Tucks best time was a 16.52 which was a little slower than I thought but not bad for stock, now I can start the mods.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of hard to run when I'm in a car on the way to Cincinnati. It's still just a question of who ran what. I'll let you know what the car runs the next time out. Atleast it was great weather for everyone.

Didnt know if you were there or not.

After putting the car on a Mustang Dyno today, the results as follows:

The car was running rich under load, like 10:1

The car was getting false knock on the top end thanks to the heat, which is now resolved

My belt was slipping

The kicker: The car drops power like a rock over 6k RPMs. My converter is slipping badly over 6k and chattering between 4k-6k. I'm looking at ditching this POS TCI that is less than a year old and going with something that will hold the power.

Still went 10.91, though :D

sounds shitty ditch the trash can incorporated converter. wish I was able to make it but had family things to do

Heh, I knew your tune was not right :) And you need to watch how they tune your transmission so that it will last properly. PM me for details :)

I failing converter has nothing to do with a trans. tune

Ha..... I saw what you did there, don't try to take it back now.

No, I was hoping he was there so we could compare times based on HP and vehicle weight. I would never take back anything ever ever ever ever ever ever on this board.

(small win number 2 taken away today :p )

No, I was hoping he was there so we could compare times based on HP and vehicle weight. I would never take back anything ever ever ever ever ever ever on this board.

(small win number 2 taken away today :p )

If you didn't do that, then how did you know what I was talking about...... hmmm? That means you at least previously thought about it that way.

(I shall fight for this win damn you!)

If you didn't do that, then how did you know what I was talking about...... hmmm? That means you at least previously thought about it that way.

(I shall fight for this win damn you!)

Because I'm an evil genius that always stays one step ahead of my opponent. While you assume... I patiently wait to take your assumption and prove it wrong. E-battles are like a game of chess to me. 90% of the time I have my response written before the other person has even responded.

Because I'm an evil genius that always stays one step ahead of my opponent.

i remember you were a few cars behind the mach 1 last year... I hardly call that a step ahead...

inb4dadidntrunmygigglejuiceexcuse

i remember you were a few cars behind the mach 1 last year... I hardly call that a step ahead...

inb4dadidntrunmygigglejuiceexcuse

In an A4 on 20 degrees timing...

inbeforetheIneedapoweraddertogetyouby2carsexcuse

Hey Derek!!!

when that light turns green..im goin for it!

http://www.movie-holic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/the_fast_and_the_furious.jpg

:lol:

http://rlv.zcache.com/dont_get_me_mad_im_running_out_of_plac_bumper_sticker-p128016032719024661trl0_400.jpg

http://files.posterous.com/outsanity/ZehskcUeDKybLkNniZwr0tKMjPgQs1oBnaKRHmt0KzFuyjjcXwTBmX43MKhT/Bitch-Dont-Make-Me-Slap-You.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=1C9REJR1EMRZ83Q7QRG2&Expires=1240806590&Signature=S3%2FGAMXuAsCcD6RoK0yyxX32Qhw%3D

Hey Derek!!!

when that light turns green..im goin for it!

http://www.movie-holic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/the_fast_and_the_furious.jpg

:lol:

I 60 footed the shit outta you.

You never had me - you never had your car... You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?

Edited by TurboRust

Seeing how everyone knows where the Mustang dyno is that Anthony was on today and how "they" in the above quote was meant to imply that the shop where it is at does not know what they are doing, let me clear a few things up.

Anthony has his own tuner tuning his car. It is not my shop doing the tuning work although, I do tune in my shop as well. The guy tuning the car happens to rent dyno time from my shop and he is the only tuner that I have ever allowed to rent dyno time in my shop due to my comfort level with him. I feel no need to say who it is on a public board, if Anthony wants to or the tuner wants to then that is up to those two.

Second, I have never seen the actual tune file in Anthony's car. I am sure that I could get access to it if I wanted by asking but that is between Anthony and the guy tuning the car. There is no need for me to invade Anthony's privacy or his tuners privacy. If something is off in his tune than that is between him and his tuner. I can tell you that the datalogs that were pulled today in the car were spotless which would imply that the tune was pretty much spot on after a few minor fueling adjustments were made using our AFM 1000 that did not show up on the wideband that was used to tune the car previously. That is not saying that the wideband used before was off or wrong, the AFM 1000 just happens to have a really high sampling rate. The power drop off that was seen is definately a mechanical problem not a tuning problem.

Maybe I am taking your post wrong but it comes across as bashing the tuner and the shop where the car was on the dyno today. I would not dream of doing that on a board to your shop or anyone elses shop for that matter. If you have concerns for Anthony and his car then they should be aired in private between you and him, not on a public board. We all should watch out for our customers best interest but not at the expense of slandering others. There is plenty of work to go around for all of us.

If that is not how your comments were intended and I am misreading them then you have my apologies.

I agree with this guy,post like this without moderation go places that should not happen,this if left alone,will lead to the demise of a good thing.

Yes Scotty, Believe it or not, it is a AMC engine in there.. 430CI.

a 4.25 bore with a 3.80 stroke crankshaft, a set of Indy sr cyl. heads with a little 1150 dominator carb (i did say ALL MOTOR right)

with a Jerico 4 spd. I was leaving at th esame rpm as last year 6800.. shift about 8K...

but fridays outing wasn't very impresive for us..

Last time out last fall 9.37 @ 141 mph.

One of these days I'll have my SST up and going again. That's bad ass to see an AMC with a stick running those #'s. I was shooting for low 11's with my 390 set up, but I might have to set the bar a little higher :cool:

Didnt know if you were there or not.

Would definitely have liked to have been, but had previous commitments to attend to. I'm planning on going to the fall rental, since I haven't ever been to a CR rental. I can only hope that the weather for that is as good as it was for this event.

Seeing how everyone knows where the Mustang dyno is that Anthony was on today and how "they" in the above quote was meant to imply that the shop where it is at does not know what they are doing, let me clear a few things up.

Anthony has his own tuner tuning his car. It is not my shop doing the tuning work although, I do tune in my shop as well. The guy tuning the car happens to rent dyno time from my shop and he is the only tuner that I have ever allowed to rent dyno time in my shop due to my comfort level with him. I feel no need to say who it is on a public board, if Anthony wants to or the tuner wants to then that is up to those two.

Second, I have never seen the actual tune file in Anthony's car. I am sure that I could get access to it if I wanted by asking but that is between Anthony and the guy tuning the car. There is no need for me to invade Anthony's privacy or his tuners privacy. If something is off in his tune than that is between him and his tuner. I can tell you that the datalogs that were pulled today in the car were spotless which would imply that the tune was pretty much spot on after a few minor fueling adjustments were made using our AFM 1000 that did not show up on the wideband that was used to tune the car previously. That is not saying that the wideband used before was off or wrong, the AFM 1000 just happens to have a really high sampling rate. The power drop off that was seen is definately a mechanical problem not a tuning problem.

Maybe I am taking your post wrong but it comes across as bashing the tuner and the shop where the car was on the dyno today. I would not dream of doing that on a board to your shop or anyone elses shop for that matter. If you have concerns for Anthony and his car then they should be aired in private between you and him, not on a public board. We all should watch out for our customers best interest but not at the expense of slandering others. There is plenty of work to go around for all of us.

If that is not how your comments were intended and I am misreading them then you have my apologies.

Not making reference to your tuning ability or your dyno. Its more from personal conversations with Anthony, the context here is what mislead you Brady! I as a friend to Anthony wanted to make certain his car is in good order, and would not like to see anything problematic happen that could be prevented.

Since I live all of five minutes from PPC ill stop by and meet up so you can put a name with a face! No ill will was meant to be implied.

Brandon

The STi blew the clutch......thank god..cant wait to upgrade it so i can make mad JDM power yo on the 35r kit.

What clutch are you thinking of going to?

Do the stock clutches in the new models not hold up very well at all?

Not making reference to your tuning ability or your dyno. Its more from personal conversations with Anthony, the context here is what mislead you Brady! I as a friend to Anthony wanted to make certain his car is in good order, and would not like to see anything problematic happen that could be prevented.

Since I live all of five minutes from PPC ill stop by and meet up so you can put a name with a face! No ill will was meant to be implied.

Brandon

Understood. I would love to meet face to face. Feel free to stop by anytime. The only day that I am not in the shop is on Tuesdays.

Thanks for clearing that up as well.

One of these days I'll have my SST up and going again. That's bad ass to see an AMC with a stick running those #'s. I was shooting for low 11's with my 390 set up, but I might have to set the bar a little higher :cool:

Hoping for 9.2's this year with the POS.

and i alos am buidling a stick Hornet hatchback, it will have a 496 inch Indy alum engine in it, with a stick of course.;)

drop me a line if you need any help with your SST.

Mike

btw our You tube recap from friday.

Hoping for 9.2's this year with the POS.

and i alos am buidling a stick Hornet hatchback, it will have a 496 inch Indy alum engine in it, with a stick of course.;)

drop me a line if you need any help with your SST.

Mike

btw our You tube recap from friday.

Hornet should be rediculously quick! Hopefully next year I'll be up and running myself, I highly doubt anything happening this year. I'm deffinately in shock hearing your launch, it's like music :cool: Nice to see some AMC's still living.