Dragway 42 is a go!!! Payment link in this thread.

V8 Beast

We are now accepting deposits for the Dragway 42 rental on 6/27/09. This is a non-refundable deposit. We will start with 30 spots and add more if needed. The deposit is $20 and will be used to lock in your spot on 6/27. The total cost of the event is $55 per car (spectators are free). The additional $35 will be collected towards the end of May. At this time no rain date has been set. Dragway 42 will have an ambulance, clock operator, starter, and ET Shack staff. They will spray the track 330 feet, plus start line touch ups as necessary. For the people that went last year they know the staff had no trouble touching up the track when ever needed. I would also like to have a camera man and photographer from the board take pics/videos of everyones car that attends.

There are 2 seperate payment options. If you have not paid a deposit choose the $55 option. If you have paid a deposit use the $33 option

http://dway42deposit.eventbrite.com

6/27/09

10am - 3pm

Dragway 42

9161 Rainbow Highway

West Salem, OH 44287

(419)853-4242

Tech:

Tech is from 9-10AM in the staging lanes, and all registrants will be required to sign a waiver not holding Dragway 42 or Columbus Racing responsible for liability. We're looking for no leaks, nothing falling off, etc. You must wear long pants and a shirt with sleeves, t-shirts are fine. A Snell/DOT approved helmet is also required if you're running 13.99 or quicker. All vehicles will be marked after tech for record-keeping and verification reasons. You will not be able to race if you're not teched in; if you deliberately try to race without tech you will be ejected from the track and forfeit your registration money. Dragway 42 staff will be watching. Should you arrive after 10am it's your responsibility to find Brian C (Pewter Trans Am with racing stripes) or Anthony G. (Green Firebird Formula) to be teched in.

Motorcycles must have a Snell/DOT helmet with full shield, full-sleeve protective jacket, long pants, and over-the-ankle-shoes. If your motorcycle is quicker than 10.00 or faster than 120mph, you WILL need full protective gear and boots. Do not try and get around this, if you're busted, we may eject you from the event and you will forfeit your registration money.

Racing:

There will be a lane for ALL VEHICLES ALL TIRES, including radials, drag radials, and slicks. And a lane for SLICK TIRE/DOT SLICK/DRAG RADIAL VEHICLES ONLY, including motorcycles ON SLICKS. This will be determined at the track.

We will need waterbox volunteers a camera man, and a photoghrapher. Please contact me if you would like to help.

If you break and spill fluids or damage the track, you are responsible for the clean-up fees if applicable. Please see Brian C (Pewter Trans Am with racing stripes) or Anthony G. (Green Firebird Formula) in the event that this does occur.

http://dway42deposit.eventbrite.com

Edited by V8 Beast

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note: If we dont collect most of the deposit by May 14th there will be no Dragway 42 meet in June. If that happens those that paid will get their deposit refunded. I know we usually make it work, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Guest tbutera2112
ill have to think about this one....why did the price go up so much from the other rentals? i better get an 8 ball and a 10 cent hooker upon arrival to the track

Guest tbutera2112
I think we're maxed at 30 cars, that's why it's higher than our other days.

that makes sense... i wont sign up then, ill let people with cars that do more than 15.0 at 90 run lol

may still spectate though

I may try to come out to play cameraman. I am no good but I can push the button with the best of them.

Sweet, last year I recorded 183 passes (and Buck in a helmet on 71 :D ). Does anyone know of a file sharing site that will allow huge uploads, and how much its costs?

I may do an import faceoff-esque video of this.

Here's what I'm talking about if you don't know:

I'll actually record the times though. :p

the audio in the beginning of that clip sounds like a casset tape.