my bike ride -

evan9381

so today i drove 205 miles round trip to pick up a bike up near wooster. its a Jamis Ventura, like 6-7 years old...like $8-900 new, upgraded gear shifters, and tiagra/105 components. ended up stealing it for $325.

went on a ride today, first time ive ridden a bike in about a year...holy shit, im still tired, and been home about an hour and a half.

here's the path i took...hopefully i can do this soon with no issues, and i can start riding some longer distances. did the whole thing in a hair short of a full hour (about 58 minutes)...mainly flat roads, some slight hills, nothing overly major

started at house (duh), road up to shrock, over to state, stopped at my brothers bank to deposit some money, then back down state, across dempsey (had the biggest hill, bridge going over freeway), then down sunbury, into the neighborhood to drop off my brothers ATM card, then back out the neighborhood, more down sunbury, back to morse and back to my house.

whew

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/path.jpg?t=1241311953

...any one else cycle? id like to find someone to ride with periodically. is there any decent paths up near hoover? the path near my house runs from easton to polaris/cleveland, and IIRC, it runs down polaris to maxtown, and im not sure where after that. maybe if there was a way to go maxtown to sunbury and back down to morse, that'd be something i can shoot for for a couple months down the road when i get into this a little more and get my breathing/heart built up...lol

I actually just pulled out my 12 year old Fuji and am about to get it right so I can get back to riding.

Back when I was still out pulling pussy I was riding 25-30 miles a day sometimes 7 days a week. It was a high like no other.

I tell you what I stayed at a solid 180lbs when I rode on a daily. Now I keep it around 225 and my knees and ankles hurt for some reason...

I will be back on the road soon...