did some crappie fishing

jeffro

i dont know when the good walleye fishing is.

honestly, i havent been on erie in over 13 years...i used to fish with my grandpa when i was a kid, as they lived <2 miles from the lake, but after he died, i didnt have anyone to go fishing with, and my grandma sold his boat.

i do however have a FishOhio pin/certificate from when i stayed a week with him when i was 7 or 8 for a 29.5" 7lb walleye. i want to get a couple more of those!

and i would be down for a mon-fri trip if its that cheap. hell, i'd be down for 2 day trip and find a cheap motel or stay with my grandma depending where they launch from...she's ~30 min NE of cleveland...

do they provide rods/reels/tackle/bait or do you bring your own? only charters ive done were deep sea in florida in 2001 and 2008.

we need to get something organized. someone let me know when good walleye fishing season is and ill contact that charter and start taking deposits and shit. i want to do this for sure this year.

they launch from port clinton ohio. basically take 23 to rt 98 and go straight north. its well west of cleveland. weve gone on that charter for the past 2 years and have had nothing but plesent experiences. you have to have your own poles, tackle, bait ect. they do however have a baitstore that sells everything you need. as for the time of year, now is the perfect time. you have to get up there before the payflies hatch. once the mayflies hatch the fish will fill themselves on the flies and wont be hungry for your bait. right now and later in the fall i believe are the better times. we would take our boat up there if it werent for expensive dry rotted tires and the price of gas -.-

looking online, you can do 6 man charter with gear, bait, etc for $5-600.

heres the one i was eye-balling http://www.efishiencycharters.com/Rates.html

6 people, 8 hours, $500. thats $82/head, and you bring license, lunch, sunblock/camera. figure a few bucks more to tip the crew and fish cleaning if you dont want to do it.

anyone down for something like that? if i can get 5 other people, i'll see what dates they have available. if you're in, i'll say lets keep it open to weekdays if you can schedule work around it, as im sure most charters are booked through the year for every weekend there is.

yeah went up to alum on sunday and caught about 30 crappie. They were hitting off of bass minnows and fished about 3 ft with a bobber. They were hittin like no other..We got some nice size ones as well, about 1 pounders...I hear delaware lake is a good crappie spot? Is it? Does anyone know?

anyone down for a boat charter up on erie? ive tried to plan one for the last 3 summers, and everyone always flakes out, claiming $50-$75 a head is "too much". wtf!?

My landlord runs a boat charter. I'll have to ask him more about it.

This time of year, it's almost unsporting to fish for crappie, they will hit ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING. Toss out a bare hook while stomping on the boat hull and screaming, "Swim away, it's a TRAP!" and they will STILL bite.

BTW cook em in REAL butter, with a little wild dill to bring the flavor out.

mmm crappie....do u know of any good spots out in delaware? never fished up there before. I was at nortons sporting goods up there off of 23 and the guys were saying its better than alum. I also hear twin lakes up near the zoo is good crappie fishing as well...

i found out i do have a decent pole still over at my dads, but i need some new line, etc

anyone down for delaware tomorrow in the AM time? i gotta work at 4 so i could do morning to about 230ish. if someone has an aerator for some minnows i could throw down on on some...ive got a minnow bucket

Edited by evan9381