Those of you with 99 and up Camaros and Trans Ams...

Sully

Do you have the bubbling issue in the sail panel on your car?

This is a HUGE topic over on LS1Tech. It looks like people are having to pay a lot of money to get this fixed. However, a few people are still getting it fixed for free because they have some connections at a dealership.

So, do you have the issue? Have you gotten yours repaired?

Can anyone help me get mine repaired at little or no cost? It's not too bad right now, but I sure would like to get it repaired before it gets worse.

That is a real common problem on all the 93-up cars. After time you can actually see where all the urethane is where they are held on. Some cars bubble and some get stress cracks in the same area. It sucks but I don't see any dealerships doing anything about it especially with the gm bankruptcy thing.

Don't they have to cut off the whole roof and replace it?

I read about this issue years ago, I think they said it's due to the glue shit they used, so repainting it won't do anything in the long run because it will come back.

'98 FTW!

Don't they have to cut off the whole roof and replace it?

I read about this issue years ago, I think they said it's due to the glue shit they used, so repainting it won't do anything in the long run because it will come back.

'98 FTW!

Yeah, ripping it off and replacing it with a new piece is what most have done. I read a thread yesterday where someone was able to use some sort of wire and cut the "glue" to remove the panel. He then removed the excessive glue from the car and panel, repainted the panel, and reattached the panel with new glue. You have to have some balls to do that, I think. Or just be ready to drop ~ $1,500 if you fuck up.

That is a real common problem on all the 93-up cars. After time you can actually see where all the urethane is where they are held on. Some cars bubble and some get stress cracks in the same area. It sucks but I don't see any dealerships doing anything about it especially with the gm bankruptcy thing.

Everything I've read, it's 99 and up only.

All 99-02 F-body will do it, no matter what color the paint is or car (V6 or V8). GM changed to a different glue in 99 so its only a matter a time before all of them do it. The more it sits in the sun the more bubbles you'll have.

I tried to get mine fixed a few years ago and no dealer around here will do it unless you pay the big bucks.