Car pissing me off rant thread

Cordell

My fucking Camaro is wearing me out, between the new engine, going through and replacing the trans, and tuning all with in the last 2 months I'm getting worn out. So today I changed the oil http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?p=992160#post992160 , and find out that my pinion is getting play in it, not the u-joints that are original 60k mile parts, the fucking pinion I just rebuilt last year. I know I'm hard on parts and had to learn as I went, but goddamn. Fucking speakers are blown in the car, rims are starting to corrode pretty good now, and the damn thing is pissing me off. I AM NOT GOING TO THE TRACK ANYMORE THIS YEAR!! fuck it. When I replace the rear, rims, eliminate this fucking wheel hop problem, and upgrade the fuel system I just might think about it. Such a long hard road to get where I want to be with the car.

Share your car rant.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be happy your car runs mine lives on jackstands

It's just a love hate relationship. It does me good, then something else gives me issues. Mine will be sitting if this rear gets anymore play in it.

damn man that sucks. This winter i am for sure going to go with MWC 9in or a S60. I wish my Wallet could keep up with this car lol i promised myself that i would NOT put anything for this car on a credit card so i gotta stick to it and save.

Guest Removed
be happy your car runs mine lives on jackstands

i want your to do holeshots in front of the building and to race other parts trucks with

Guest Removed
It's just a love hate relationship. It does me good, then something else gives me issues. Mine will be sitting if this rear gets anymore play in it.

did you use a jegs install kit?

cheap ass japan bearings:rolleyes:

did you use a jegs install kit?

cheap ass japan bearings:rolleyes:

No they are timkins, I'm not that cheap. I doubt the wheel hop is helping. You want to replace the front pinion bearing and race for me? I don't want to.

Been there and done it man. Its the main reason I havent had a car worth mentioning in years. Good luck.

Yeah well I'm in too deep now. This car will be with me until it rots, gets totalled (and even then I'm keeping most of it), or I die. My Camaro is my second wife.

Guest Removed
No they are timkins, I'm not that cheap. I doubt the wheel hop is helping. You want to replace the front pinion bearing and race for me? I don't want to.

have to pull the pinion out to get the race out..

just rebearing the whole thing

kits 100...

have to pull the pinion out to get the race out..

just rebearing the whole thing

kits 100...

all I'm gonna do is throw a pinion bearing and race in it, pinion seal, crush collar, and cover seal. The thing is hardly making noise, and i mean barely. I'm going to buy the whole kit, but those are the only parts I'm gonna use.

Guest Removed
What? stick crush sleeve in press and crush very slightly?

We may have to work something out.

yeah i take it i told you that trick? use the old one for reference and get it close, that way its easyer to crush :D

the problem with the stocker is the crush sleeve its not strong enough ( well the hole rear isnt but !) jegs used to sell a solid one for are rears that helped out alot .look into that mine keep doing the same thing until that . but 12 bolt for the win !

Guest Removed
yes the solid pinion spacer is the best for drag raced cars... takes some time to get the shimming down just right, but well worth the extra effort. thanks flippy, i had almost forgot about those. scott that way be a good idea. but then you will find the other weak spots in the 10 bolt.

I know the feeling, After i got all my suspension done on my car i go to put the car on the ground for the first time since and the right rear wheel bearing goes out on me. It pissed me off because i had to go and un do all the work i did not just a day prior.

This car will be with me until it rots, gets totalled (and even then I'm keeping most of it), or I die.

This sounds like me and my RX-7.

Everything goes wrong BUT the engine. I think it's a bit of backward engineering. Lucky for me!