***WTF?*** Pontiac G8 = Chevy Caprice!

zeitgeist57

Guest tbutera2112
yay for gm...i love those...i was looking at a g8 gt at carmax, it was a little bit outta my price range but i could have made it work for the sweet deal they were offering...but it sold before i could get it

That's nice if they don't mess it up that is. It might be my next car in a few years if so.

They are already doing great overseas. They were all over Saudi Arabia. I made a post about them over there a few months ago. The SS models were very nice looking and sounded decent. I really like the front end but the backside lacks a little bit. The interiors are really nice.

All it needs is different rims (BADLY) and grille. Maybe a different front bumper design. I don't think it looks that bad honestly.

I'm just pumped that the G8 will live on, even if it's under the Chevy name

"The last time we looked at [the G8], we decided that we would continue to import it as a Chevrolet. It is kind of too good to waste," Lutz told the mag. As for the G8 being "too good to waste": Amen to that, Bob. This also makes us wonder if law enforcement-grade models will be part of the deal with Holden to continue production. Chevy Caprice police cars? That's got a very familiar ring to it. The next question is whether a U.S. Caprice would mimic the Middle East-market Caprice, which is based on the long-wheelbase Holden Caprice/Statesman, or whether it will simply be a Chevy-badged version of the standard-wheelbase Holden Commodore/Pontiac G8/Chevrolet Lumina. Frankly, as long as there's ultimately a Caprice SS that is identical to the Pontiac G8 GXP in every critical way, we don't care.

looks like its up in the air I hope they go long wheel base and make cop cars out of them

It may look bland, but that can be changed. I am just thrilled they are keeping the car around instead of getting rid of it. It's a fantastic car.

I agree! They could change it but as kurt said if it looks like that I'd buy a used G8 anyday over that ugly caprice

Did you read on? Z28 is likely dead. Seems for performance cars GM is going to lean towards high powered V6s and Turbo 4s.

Hmm.. Not neccesarily a bad thing. But change is bad to many people.

I hate to say it, but Chrysler/Dodge did this back in the 80's all the way till just a few years back when re-introduced a RWD V8 car. I set alot of the blame on those mistakes on the current condition of Chrysler. I now I have enjoyed driving many of those V6 and Turbo 4s, but I think they just added to the problems Chrysler was and is having.