Feel like I am getting old.

DTM Brian

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+rep for Doc.

x2

Brian you need sometime to think youu have so much going on right now that you need to have 1 relaxing day try doing something you havent done in a while or something you have been wanting to try. something you can loose yourself into besides cars.

brian, I've known you for awhile and I still haven't seen that car. start going to track days, meets, I know there are people on here that will be glad to help motivate you. sounds like your just tired of the same old routine. since I've had a kid life is completely different. its hard to explain the feeling you get from it. it makes me feel old to even though im 20. hang in there man

The turbo car made it out of the garage for the first time last year in september. I replaced the 36 pound injectors with 60's, installed an anderson big pump, added a maf extender, and finally tuned it (First time I ever put a chip in the car) for the first time at 15.5 pounds of boost which the car made 608 rwhp and 660 rwtq. Once the car was tuned I drove it back home and parked it with the cover on it next to the 95 cobra which has not been on the road since 98.

One day I will get a wild hair up my ass and get the car out.

After the incident with Linn and Kenny and everyone else, this yr has been a slow yr for racing or anything. I always said that this is a good yr to build a car. Next yr will be a good yr for meeting up.

Agreed 100%. Columbus has lost the "magic" that Akron, Cleveland, Cinci, etc all have. Thanks to the media for helping kill the capital city.

Agreed 100%. Columbus has lost the "magic" that Akron, Cleveland, Cinci, etc all have. Thanks to the media for helping kill the capital city.

You cant blame it 100% on the media. Questionable decisions by people have contributed as well. And no I am not referring to members of cr. Theres alot of guys who go out and cause trouble who have never heard of cr.

Guest Removed
You cant blame it 100% on the media. Questionable decisions by people have contributed as well. And no I am not referring to members of cr. Theres alot of guys who go out and cause trouble who have never heard of cr.

sorry i only agree with part of that. some cr members have helped bring the spotlight on this site. hence how the site was involved with the media. if it was peoples doing this without CR, then where are those big news storys?

i blame the people who meet at polaris...esp the ones who STILL go there

we was talking about this last night. then posting the copys of the police scanners bragging about how thew cops are out looking for you :rolleyes:

real races dont go down on friday and saturday nights..

i was at a race on a tuesday evening, got the race done and over, some arguing, then money then everyone went home or to waffle house to eat.

not 150 rice rockets chasing 2 fast cars all over the city. thats just retarded.

I don't feel as young as I once was. But also I don't do the same dumb shit any more.

I remeber when CR outing was some deserted road till 3am. Everyone watching anything from 12-17 second cars race and we had a good time.

I didnt feel this old until I hit 30. Everyone always says it but I thought "yeah right" but for me it was.

sorry i only agree with part of that. some cr members have helped bring the spotlight on this site. hence how the site was involved with the media. if it was peoples doing this without CR, then where are those big news storys?

Dont assume because I dont blame all of cr I dont feel some of its members are partially to blame. But we all take the risks from time to time and on those occasions albeit rare, they got bit. But in the grand scheme of things there are way more incidents with non members than actual participating members. Sorry for the thread jack. No more.

I am feeling the same way, got to head back to South Africa last month to visit my family and it is crazy how different it is back there now, was last home 6 years back. Just cannot believe how fast the time has gone by since I came out here in 99.

:D

Guys, I'm reading this thread and chuckling. OLD..:D

Look at the ages you guys have posted, Then look at Mine.:p

Age is just how many birthdays you have been lucky enough to see. Old is in the hart and Body (lol) ..

ever hear the diff. between a boy and Man is the price of our toys? lol..

you all are still young, and So am i @ 46. At least Most days i still feel young.

Yes the weekdays i generally am working, but we feel young weds. nights when we go to the race track and go racing. Uh thats it, the racing is keeping me young!

Now get off your Ass's and go have some FUN, and enjoy life,:bangbang: the more years that go by, the faster they go.

;)

Mike

Quoted for truth

By the way I turned 51 three weeks ago.

I am 31, going on 32 (in October). After having the Smalls, I don't feel old at all. I don't feel like I am a dumb 20-yr old kid trying to go as fast as possible in whatever vehicle I am in either. ;)

Life is what you make of it. It all you do it eat, sleep, work, repeat, yeah... your life is gonna feel / be shitty. You need to take the time for yourself, your family and your friends.

And to the OP, just get a younger girlfriend, that should liven things up a bit ;)

:D

KillJoy

My problem is that I have too many interests and never have enough time for them.

That's my problem right there. I've just put other things above my cars so it just seems I don't have the interest I did before. I made a lifestyle change last year and became much healthier, lost nearly 70 pounds, and still work out / play ice hockey a lot. That for me, is my life focus; outside of my family and job. My cars take a back seat to those priorities right now and probably will for a while. It's not that I don't still enjoy them, I just can't let myself slide back into what I was doing before and losing everything I've worked towards on a personal / health level.

But back to Brian, I think it just comes with age. Maybe you're getting burned out because that's what you do all the time, even at work. It's not like you do something else for a living and get to enjoy your car hobby in your spare time. You do it 24/7. That tends to take its toll... :(

When I turned 35 I finally got married and have a family, a year later I had my son, later that same year I was told I'm going to most likely be dead within 3 years being diagnosed with ALS (LOU GEHRIGS) after struggling with it for 3 years prior.

Shitty hand to be dealth but it adds alot of clarity to life. Get healthy, enjoy life more, make your life simpler (get rid of the extra BS). I sold off the hardcore racecar, then sold off 4 others just to cut back. I travel more, nothing over-the-top but fun stuff for me and the kids. Don't watch the news or bullcrap tv shows. Life is too hectic, slow down and relax.

I still consult and tune on a few car for other people plus I still have my own stuff I dabble with but I'm not traveling all over to do it. Cars/racing always charges me up.

I honestly feel great and my mind is clear, although my arms aren't as good as they once were I'm still getting things done.

Throw the cell in the trash while your at it.

That's part of life. It's your job NOT to accept it. Fuck me, not a day goes by where I don't feel like I'm fallin apart at the seams at some point in the day if not all day. But I fight it. I fight being in my late 30's, I fight having gained so much weight these last few years, I fight the "old" feeling of having a 15yr old daughter, an old car, not enought money, and slowly sagging balls.

Some days I win, some days I don't.

Doc's quote hits the nead on the nail.

"You don't stop doing the things you love because you get old -- you get old, because you stop doing the things you love."

Revive your passions. You tend to get lost along the way, lose sight, can't see the forest through the trees, etc, etc. Sometimes, it's not the things you do that get boring. It's you that needs to change the way you do those things. It's you that's become boring. ;)