Govt to suspend 'cash for clunkers'; potentially out of money.

excell

I heard that equated to around 250,000 cars.

Can you do simple math or are the drugs that bad? Just in case you really didn't make it past the third grade.

1,000,000,000/4,500=222,222

1,000,000,000/3,500=285,714

1,000,000/4,000=250,000

Did any of you read those articles? Says they've given away about 100,000,000. Seems like the are out of money for 'now' and are going to supposedly temporarily suspend it. They run off of debt and fake money everywhere else, seems like the dealers don't want IOU's. The whole thing is a little confusing. We are not seeing the whole story at this point is my guess and these are just some rumors floating out of Washington (possibly true, possibly untrue), or even possibly something completely fabricated.

This morning NPR reported the system has such a huge backlog that they feared it would run out of money before everyone was serviced. So it's been temporarily suspended until they can clear the backlog and see where the program stands. So it technically hasn't run out of money yet, but it's just had such an unprecedented response that they couldn't keep up.

Pretty incredible, IMO.

its a joke uploading the 10-15 documents to the cars site for payment. You have to send each doc in an individual pdf file. Its a typical poorly executed govt plan. Gives you a lot of confidence about them handling health care efficiently...

I hope they don't suspend it or my friend's going to SOL since he's trying to buy a new Accord before his Cavalier bites the dust..

no way a cav qualifies...the mileage rating is too high. sorry

I saw on the news a local honda dealer sold like 70 cars in 4 days with this deal, that's rediculous.

I wish I had a clunker tho, a nice beat ass $500 ranger would be sweet to trade it in an get $4500 off a $15k civic.