What would you do?

smokin5s

yes I think so...

I took it today, looked it over and decided against it, that thing had more engine codes then I would know what to do with, surprising thing is, the service engine light wasn't lit up.... I wonder if they modified it so the light wouldn't come on....

Yeah, I took a quick glance at Autotrader and Craigslist, and couldn't find anything locally even close to that price, so it doesn't surprise me that this thing has issues.

I think the right thing to do would be e-mail the buyer, and let them know the shaddy crap this dealer was pulling + the true condition of the vehicle.

Not that I'd suggest buying something like that anyway, but that's just me I guess.......

That is exactly what I'm thinking. Based on some prior shady business I already scrutinize the shit out of anything I'm told by car salesmen, but if the guy has no problem being shady with someone else and even tells you about it I'd probably walk instantly.

You can expect to be treated with the same dishonestly. And what happens if this thing turns out to be too good to be true and all you have to rely on is this douche and his shady business partners to make it right? It's easy to let too many little things slide when you really want something then you can end up regretting it later.

+1 if he is gonna bullshit the winning bidder, what makes you think he isnt gonna bullshit you too?

Most of the cars on those lots out there come from the auction. I had a buddy who bought a 05 CTS from one of them. A day after he bought it he had to replace the battery. Then another one the day after that. He finally took it to a dealer and they found a master disconnect switch, the same one we use on the race cars. Well the dealer spent 3 days trying to trace everything and could not fix it. He takes it back to where he goy it and they tell him to take a hike. So now he has this 14,000.00 car that he has to open the glove box and shut down everytime he gets out.

Most of the cars on those lots out there come from the auction. I had a buddy who bought a 05 CTS from one of them. A day after he bought it he had to replace the battery. Then another one the day after that. He finally took it to a dealer and they found a master disconnect switch, the same one we use on the race cars. Well the dealer spent 3 days trying to trace everything and could not fix it. He takes it back to where he goy it and they tell him to take a hike. So now he has this 14,000.00 car that he has to open the glove box and shut down everytime he gets out.

omfg! id be furious!

I just told him thanks but no thanks and I'll let the buyer find out for himself... the only bad part is the buyer lives in NC... I'd hate to see him take that drive for nothing.

You should tell him, this happen to me last year I drove all the way to Jacksonville FL to buy a mitsubishi evolution, after talking to the guy for 2 weeks over the phone , I decided to go buy it, he seemed honest and the car was super low mile and he said it was "mint".welp I drove the 900 miles to find out the car was a pos and every picture on autotrader was to hide the issues with the car. It took everything in my body not to break this guys jaw inside the dealership. either way Ive made this mistake 2 times both out of state buy's it sucks.

don't buy out of state... if I can't drive an hour or less to see the car, I don't want it... not worth the hassle.

as far as the winner of the auction, I have no way to get ahold of him and honestly, want to stay out of that mess.