New 2010 SHO.

Red Beard

It's completely outclassed, bitches!

Yeah, so for a lot less money I can get the same power out of a Charger or G8, OR, for just little more money, I can completely fuck that shit up with an SRT-8 or GXP...Ooh, but wait, it gets better gas mileage...yeah, that's a huge selling point for a full-size sports sedan.

Sorry, but the Dodge and Pontiac were designed from the ground up to be performance cars. Offering up a rehashed version of their worst sales flop in thirty years with a few more horses and a lot more gadgets ain't gonna do it. The sad thing is that they'll probably sell like hotcakes and then all burst into flames in two years.

Looks decent, but from what I've read the only thing it does really well is cruise quietly. Not what I call a real "win" for Ford. Any Ford that sells for $40k plus is just plain stupid. I guess they will be able to sell some over list price in this down economy though :o

Ford must have forgot what the Taurus of the mid 80's was all about and why it soared to the #1 spot. Toyota figured it out pretty quickly and hasn't taken their eye off that ball, thus why they are still the benchmark.

IMO, if ford took the Fusion Sport, gave it this motor and priced it loaded at $28k, they could slap the SHO badge on it and earn my business. Make it RWD or AWD though.

I still want one. Lower it 1.5", tint, turn up the boost+tune=400HP AWD with the comfort and quiet similar to a Lexus or BMW. Yes, please. In winter just add snow tires.

I don't want one for 40k, I can buy an actual BMW for that price. In fact I can get a 335i xDrive Sedan For 43k. 335i = Turbo 6, all wheel drive.

Edited by Benjamin

Chris your on a car board, most of us do most of the maintenance ourselves, Do you think this is Columbus Knitting. I do most the maintenance on my STI and it is just as expensive to maintain.....

Or here's a Idea, Pay less than 40k turn it in when the lease is up and get a 2 year newer model....... :o

I still want one. Lower it 1.5", tint, turn up the boost+tune=400HP AWD with the comfort and quiet similar to a Lexus or BMW. Yes, please. In winter just add snow tires.

Similiar to lexus, maybe. Similiar to BMW, no fookin way. 335xi > *

Oh and the back of the new taurus is fugly....and its a taurus

I've pronounced it "S-H-O" like spelling it out like an abbreviation for something.

On the commercials they pronounce it "Show"

Is this new or have I been wrong all this time?

I believe its an acronym, so technically it would be S-H-O, but both seem to be accepted. Kinda like the GTO - GOAT thing.

Guest tbutera2112
looks at one yesterday up at krieger...its a pretty nice car, its huge though...i would rock the shit out of one though for sure.... 43k is what they wanted for it

43k is what they wanted for it

lollerskates, 43k for a Taurus.... :nono: Some things never change. I guess Ford has finished building it's brand name and has arrived. No thanks. I wonder how Hyundai has come along in brand awareness. Oh that's right undercutting BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes in price.

And do what when the warranty runs out and it costs you that much just to maintain it?

So your telling me a 4300lb AWD car with a tq converted automatic and Ford's first attempt at direct fuel injection coupled with twin turbocharging is going to be a reliable car? lol Ford drivetrain engineers already said the engines output was limited because the transmission is not fit to withstand any more. SUV weight on an AWD system with high tq is not good for the already fragile trans.

I'd take a 335 or S4 any day over one of these.

Chris your on a car board, most of us do most of the maintenance ourselves, Do you think this is Columbus Knitting. I do most the maintenance on my STI and it is just as expensive to maintain.....

Or here's a Idea, Pay less than 40k turn it in when the lease is up and get a 2 year newer model....... :o

Go price BMW parts versus Ford parts.

Here's another idea: Never own a car and always have a payment. No thanks, I like to own something and be free of debt.

So your telling me a 4300lb AWD car with a tq converted automatic and Ford's first attempt at direct fuel injection coupled with twin turbocharging is going to be a reliable car? lol Ford drivetrain engineers already said the engines output was limited because the transmission is not fit to withstand any more. SUV weight on an AWD system with high tq is not good for the already fragile trans.

I'd take a 335 or S4 any day over one of these.

I didn't say a word about reliability because neither of us know how reliable they'll be. What I said is one can assume with reasonable certainty that it'll be easier to work on with less costly replacement parts than most of the rest of it's class, which is true today.

I wouldn't. I'm not interested in either car, different strokes for different folks.

Go price BMW parts versus Ford parts.

Here's another idea: Never own a car and always have a payment. No thanks, I like to own something and be free of debt.

Depends on how long you own it. Even if you pay TT&L out the door, there's a cost per month of owning any car. The last thing I'm going to do is dump $45k large into a depreciating asset. Buy used and pay it off or lease new.

Now sure, after 8.5yrs you'll own the SHO, but with how many miles and with what kind of reliability and resale. No offense, but not many folks are going to pay a lot for a nine year old twin turbo anything. Not to mention driving such a car is only really "cool" and nice for the first couple years anyway. In Ben's case, he'll be well into his third TT BMW and have never paid a lick for service since BMW picks that shit up for him. Sorry ford, but the letters S-H-O will never equal B-M-W.

I wouldn't. I'm not interested in either car, different strokes for different folks.

Tim:

It's got AWD, that's something none of the cars that Brian brought up have. As a current AWD owner, It's the major reason I did not pull the trigger on a G8.

You can get a 5.7L V8 Charger in AWD now. A bit heavier than the RWD model but I believe still lighter than the Taurus.

Just fyi.

You can get a 5.7L V8 Charger in AWD now. A bit heavier than the RWD model but I believe still lighter than the Taurus.

Just fyi.

Not really into the Charger, if you said Challenger then you would have my attention, they are pigs, but they look fantastic IMO.

lollerskates, 43k for a Taurus.... :nono: Some things never change. I guess Ford has finished building it's brand name and has arrived. No thanks. I wonder how Hyundai has come along in brand awareness. Oh that's right undercutting BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes in price.

you really do fit well as being the cranky old guy ya know. :p