What's your favorite meal to make/eat?

Buck531

Fuck cookies. This thread is better. :)

I'm not sure how many people on here cook but what's your favorite recipe's?

Now that I'm at home most of the day and work at night I've been making some weird stuff that I normally wouldn't have the time to make.

If you don't cook, what's your favorite breakfast/lunch/dinner? I'm just trying to get ideas on stuff to make as I'm running out of ideas that to make for the family.

I cook/bake almost everything I eat now. I don't have a favorite meal, but I go through stages of favoring different regions for food. Currently, I'm stuck on Italian food (probably because I'm......Italian). Around 10am today, I started stewing some chicken broth with some potatoes and full chicken breasts for 5 hours on low-heat. I cooked up some rice and noodles and turned it in to the most delicious risotto I've ever tasted. :)

we have a "cookbook" thread on another forum im on...couple i posted that are pretty easy and cheap, which fits my schedule perfectly

Chicken Ruby

4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 can whole berry cranberry sauce

1 cup prepared orange juice

1 tsp ginger

1/2 white onion, diced

Flour

Salt

Pepper

1 stick butter

melt 1 stick of butter, in frying pan. mix some flour, salt and pepper. coat chicken in flour mixture. brown in pan for a few minutes on each side (you dont want to cook it completely through)

in a sauce pan, combine cranberry sauce, orange juice, ginger, and onions. bring to boil.

place chicken in 9x13 pan, pour sauce over chicken.

cook in oven 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through completely

"chicken w/ sour cream stuff"

i dont have a name for this, so thats what its called...good as hell though

1 whole chicken. slow roasted, or pressure cooked (preferred)

8 oz sour cream

1 small can (10-12oz?) cream of chicken soup

1 sleeve ritz crackers

1 stick butter

1 tsp salt

pressure cook chicken ~20 min, until done

remove from heat, let cool

in a seperate bowl, mix cream of chicken, sour cream, and salt. set aside

in frying pan, melt a stick of butter. crush sleeve of ritz crackers. mix into butter, fry for a few minutes until toasted and most of butter is gone

go back to chicken, pull all meat off of bones. shred meat while doing this, and place in 9x13 pan. once all meat is off, pour cream of chicken and sour cream mixture over top, evenly. then add ritz cracker mix

bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes

Easy Chili

1 lb ground beef

1 diced onion

1 tsp minced garlic

1 large can diced tomatoes with juice

1 small can (14oz?) kidney beans

2 tsp chili powder

1 tbs sugar

1 large can (yellow can) brooks chili mix

cook ground beef until done, add all other ingredients.

serve/dip peanut butter sandwiches into chilli (i know it sounds gross, but its good as hell...i guess its a TX thing. im sure someone from the area will comment)

Potato Soup Type Stuff

Ingredients -

3 Large white potatoes - cubed

4 Celery Stalks - diced

1/2 pound bacon - chopped

1 qt. heavy whipping cream

16 oz chicken broth

7oz pesto

1 sm package (4oz? maybe) pine nuts

8 oz orecchiette (its a pasta).

Cook bacon in large pot, add celery and potatos once bacon done (leave bacon grease in pot to coat potatos and celery). Add whipping cream, chicken broth, pesto, pine nuts, and orecchiette. Turn heat down to medium, let simmer until warm and potatoes are soft.

Easy Chili

1 lb ground beef

1 diced onion

1 tsp minced garlic

1 large can diced tomatoes with juice

1 small can (14oz?) kidney beans

2 tsp chili powder

1 tbs sugar

1 large can (yellow can) brooks chili mix

cook ground beef until done, add all other ingredients.

serve/dip peanut butter sandwiches into chilli (i know it sounds gross, but its good as hell...i guess its a TX thing. im sure someone from the area will comment)

This is nearly how I make my chili, only I use a poopload of cayenne pepper, jalapeños and celery seed.

Oh, and peanut butter sandwiches with chili is in the book of greatest food combos known to man. ;)

lol. i was talking about it at work today since im taking in a crockpot full of it for a potluck tomorrow. like 3-4 people have had it with the PB sandwiches, and everyone else is like "that sounds disgusting"

i had to agree with them though...it does sound gross as fuck, but in reality, its amazing

so with my chili im taking in a loaf of bread and a jar of PB.

Here's my chili recipe I do. I posted this a year or so ago and i"m always changing it.

1 lb of ground beef

1 lb of bob evans sausage (zesty if you want it hotter)

1 lb of bacon

1 lb or so of diced stew meat or some fajita strips works well

2 BIG cans of Bushes baked beans

2 cans of chili starter

1 can of diced tomatoes

1-2 cans of tomato soup

onion

green pepper

salt

pepper

cayanne if you want some heat

I also add about 2-3 cans of water on top of it since it's sooo freakin' thick.

I also serve it with some cooked elbow noodles.

I added a habanero one time and it was f'n HOT.

Anyone ever make Beer can chicken? If not, just go to foodnetwork.com and look up beer can chicken.

ive got the little wire frame to hold the beer can for the chicken. was like 6-7$ at BB&B. it was ok.

what? All you gotta do is stick the can on the pan, stick the chickens ass in the can and is stand straight up with no issue. I've done it probably 5 times and it's been good. I guess it depends on how you season it. I took the dry rub and went inbetween the meat and the skin. I also dropped a few cloves of garlic in the beer can.

i guess its to keep the chicken from falling over. for 6$, id rather have the peace of mind than the one time i dont use it and that shit tips over and i have to clean spilled beer from the bottom of my new oven.

blah. the can keeps it nice and straight and solid.

until you get a chicken with some big ol' titties and it leans to one side and wont stay up straight.

umm....maybe i could have worded that differently

WTF LB chicken are you using? I've used a 4.5-5 lb chicken and it never moved.

Keilbasa and potatoes

Take about 5 or 6 big idaho potatoes and peel n slice.

Coat a skillet in cooking oil or EVOO and put potatoes in and cover. Turn until cooked

When potatoes are near done cut up keilbasa into slices and cook in another skillet.

Combine in bowl and serve with hot sauce and ketchup cheese on top if you like

Meatloaf

1lb beef 1lb bob evans hot sausage 1 egg italian bread crumbs

Combine all in bowl and mix then separate into two loafs and cook at 350 for an hour or until done.

Add tomato sauce on top if desired. Also great with mashed taters

I want to try shepherds pie but haven't found a good recipe yet.

I suck at cooking. I don't have the patience for it, I guess that's probably why I'm overweight. I actually have been trying to cook more and have only eaten out once in the past week because of trying to cook, so that's good. I guess the most complex thing I make that's good is a baked noodle/meat/sauce/cheese dealy in a dish. Where I cook 1lb of hamburger on the stovetop and put in all together in the oven with cheese on top of it.

I'm a really picky eater too so that doesn't help. I don't like any sort of pepper, onion, and hate mixed vegetables.

Keilbasa and potatoes

Coat a skillet in cooking oil or EVOO and put potatoes in and cover. Turn until cooked

Who the fuck are you? Rachael Ray? I can't stand that bitch. Every time she comes on the TV I immediatley turn the channel.