I bought a 98 contour SVT today for $700

TurboRust

I swore I'd never own another contour...fastforward to today on my way home at 645.. Wifey calls and says theres an svt contour on craigslist..I call the guy.. head out with cash and drive it home. It was stuck in second gear and needed a $6 bolt replaced in the shift tower to fix it. oh and had $300 of brand new stereo stuff installed with boxes and receipts in the trunk. haha sexy daily/ winter beater.. pics soon

Very nice. Though Ive heard their somewhat unreliable after 120kish, is this true?

not sure on the 2.5 duratec

but i can tell you that my 2.0L held up for some shit

got it with 130k and got rid of it with like 190K.

Constant beating on the car, burnouts, nuetral drops, hell i even jumped it (broke the oil pan) and after fixing it it still ran good.

Only had to replace the alternator, upper radiator hose, plugs/wires, and just oil changes.

cheap cars ftw

Sells his car because he needs money for the new kid, then picks up a money pit.

Flip it and call it a day.

I sold my 2 door car that I still owed a ton on and had 450 payments...bought 4 door car with cash..it may get minor stuff like springs and struts..but no heavy modding...i've been here on these cars and don't want to go back

I sold my 2 door car that I still owed a ton on and had 450 payments...bought 4 door car with cash..it may get minor stuff like springs and struts..but no heavy modding...i've been here on these cars and don't want to go back

Buy the lightning motor off of craigslist and convert it to RWD.

That is a hell of a deal, but knowing you, you'll be tempted to mod it and break your daily.

This is exactly why I don't mod my SVT Contour. It's my daily driver only. Still fun to drive and has four doors. Can't wait for the pics... :)