Did you hear a "big boom" last Wednesday (2/4/09) night?

Casper

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone get your tinfoil hats out.. I hope you all realize that there are plenty of military jets capable of creating a sonic booms and those flyboys dont always listen to the rules when flying from one base to another. Almost any of the fighter jets at our military bases have the ability to create a sonic boom.

Edited by flounder

Everyone get your tinfoil hats out.. I hope you all realize that there are plenty of military jets capable of creating a sonic booms and those flyboys dont always listen to the rules when flying from one base to another. Almost any of the fighter jets at our military bases have the ability to create a sonic boom.

I actually had a layer placed under my scalp.

Gotta be stealthy with them little green bastards.

Not that I know they are bastards or anything.

Yeah but for one they are shown on radar (unless it is the F-22 or the SR-71 being the only stealth planes that can break the sound barrier that we know of), for two fighters make a huge sonic boom because they fly relatively low, and even though they may not follow the rules, the law is very strict about sonic booms over the US and they will get shit canned unless they have a huge emergency.

heh, military projects... Aurora, Brilliant Buzzard, PumpkinSeed, TR-3A or TR-3B, X-33, X-34, X-37, X-43, X-47A Pegasus, and our old friend the SR-71 which *cough* isn't flying anymore.

Most of these are hypersonic projects, and could be flying about. Not counting ones we don't know about yet. Not counting spacecraft. Secret or otherwise. Any could create a boom. And one of the current research projects is a "how to" reduce that sonic boom as much as possible.

Don't forget that we have an "open skies" agreement with Russia, we and they can overfly each others territory anytime, as long as a flight plan is provided first. (yeah, sure, two seconds before arriving hypersonic) A lot of people have forgotten about that.

These are all public. I could probably remember more, but I might have to go into hiding for talking about it...

But if you ask me, it probably was that house exploding. Or one of those rare Winter thunder snowstorms.

edit: btw, everybody is allowed to go supersonic above a certain altitude, I forget how high up...

Edited by ReconRat
stuff

I'm betting on the last comment...

Latest Comments:

Yes we heard/felt it, thought it was the LWC at Canungra testing munitions!

Posted by:
Marty of Eagle Heights
9:36am Tuesday

I think Brian is onto somthing

Posted by:
darryl of ormeau
6:16pm Friday

HAHA @ Brian!

Posted by:
Mike h of Southport
2:28pm Friday

Mabey it was one of our local councillors blowing their own trumpet again

Posted by:
Brian Luck of Miami
1:32pm Friday

It was the economy imploding

Posted by:
Paul L of Palm beach
11:28am Friday

I didnt know about the open skies thing...thats interesting especially these days with all of their huffing and puffing about everything. I also didnt know that planes could go supersonic above a certain altitude, i thought that none were allow to break it, but it makes sense that they can. My curiosity just wants to know wtf it was.

Dudes... a B-52 or C-130 won't even show up on civilian radar, let alone any of the fancy modern aircraft.. Not anymore. It would be mistaken for a piper cub without a transponder on, if it was seen at all. It's the anti-radar stealth paint, if they are using it, they vanish. Commercial air traffic control doesn't even know until some pilot starts screaming about something weird happening.

And air traffic controls won't talk about certain things. I've known them to say "I can't talk about that" and hang up when their friends call and ask questions.

I still think it's just noises from the cold weather.

Dudes... a B-52 or C-130 won't even show up on civilian radar, let alone any of the fancy modern aircraft.. Not anymore. It would be mistaken for a piper cub without a transponder on, if it was seen at all. It's the anti-radar stealth paint, if they are using it, they vanish. Commercial air traffic control doesn't even know until some pilot starts screaming about something weird happening.

And air traffic controls won't talk about certain things. I've known them to say "I can't talk about that" and hang up when their friends call and ask questions.

I still think it's just noises from the cold weather.

i think you are part of the conspiracy :lol:

i think you are part of the conspiracy :lol:

was... been out of it for a while. Still fun to figure stuff out once in a while. Wait till you have one of those extremely huge, slow moving black triangles fly over you at night. I'd like to see one of those. Just US Air Force, of course...

I was driving home one night and saw a HUGE blue flash in the the sky, it one of the craziest things I ever saw, it took up at least half the sky over where I was driving (out in the country at about 12:30am) I never saw anything on the news about it.