my new ride

Guest tbutera2112

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good man! My insight would be to remove the black molding on the doors to give it a clean look. Mine were body colored but just pealed off.

I know what you mean about the mpg's too. My GXP was at about 13-14mpg with me driving daily. Now I'm at 25-26mpg with the same spirited driving.

Your Saab likely rides much nicer than the MS3 which I'm jealous of, but I enjoy it. In my case going from a fairly large sedan to a car that is not ideal for bumpy roads but can carve the hell out of curve with a fair amount of speed/boost is still very enjoyable.

Good luck with it.

Guest tbutera2112
Looks good man! My insight would be to remove the black molding on the doors to give it a clean look. Mine were body colored but just pealed off.

I know what you mean about the mpg's too. My GXP was at about 13-14mpg with me driving daily. Now I'm at 25-26mpg with the same spirited driving.

Your Saab likely rides much nicer than the MS3 which I'm jealous of, but I enjoy it. In my case going from a fairly large sedan to a car that is not ideal for bumpy roads but can carve the hell out of curve with a fair amount of speed/boost is still very enjoyable.

Good luck with it.

ive been tossing around the idea of removing those moldings on the doors and bumpers, but for now im gonna leave them...still debating it

people getting 40mpg are prob laughing at me being excited about 25 lol, but ive been dealing with 11.5-12.5 mpg and this is a huge step up!!

havent really pushed my car into a corner yet, so im not sure how it handles...havent got much alone time driving it yet, i had my mom with me all day yesterday to help me sell the truck, and pick up the car....getting some driving in today

i did run out to get coffee today, and opened it up a little on waggoner rd *the waggoner road right across the canadian border* and hit about 80 before i realized it...it was just so smooth riding, 80 felt the same as 35

We use Castrol in every car that comes in the door at the shop that uses non-synthetic. You may want to check if Amsoil offers a 0W-30 I know they offer a 0W-20. Most of those SAABS i believe we just run 5W-30 Amsoil in. You may want to check weather temperature bar graph again in the owners manual. 0W-30 seems odd for our climate.

Those are based off of the Malibu? Damn, I had no idea. I know that Saabs were GM for a while but I guess I never even thought about it. I don't know shit about Saabs. I didn't know those had a turbo Ecotec either. I thought all the boosted Saabs were Subaru motors or something.

A friend of mine used to have one of those, it was an auto though, and it was really nice. Pretty quick too. Congrats on the purchase :cool:

Guest tbutera2112
Nice car, man. Glad you're happy with it. :) BTW, it's a bit after the fact, but it was nice meeting you at Ant's wedding track day. :D

damn i didnt realize i met you lol...my memory isnt too great though...when did i talk to you? lol

also, turns out it actually does have xenons, drove it last night and noticed it

and i think the only mod i wanna get done on it is body colored moldings... cant remove them because theyre indented into the body panels, but body color makes them look way better

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc342/x3nosyth3/1017091730-colormoldingsignals2.jpg

photoshop (i wouldnt be painting the mirrors, ide leave those how they are, somebody else did this chop for me)