Randy Stidham? Killed in bike accident last night.

MrMeanGreen

I could swear I know this name from somewhere, and can almost picture the guy in my head. Is he on here, or does anyone know him?

Granville Motorcyclist Dies In Crash With Pickup

NEWARK, Ohio—A Granville man was killed after police said his motorcycle crashed into a pickup truck Wednesday night.

Newark police said the crash happened at about 8:30 p.m. on North 21st Street in Newark.

Motorcyclist Randall Stidham, 31, left The Grill restaurant and was traveling southbound on North 21st.

John Wallace was driving a pickup truck and was turning northbound on North 21st from the Meijer gas station.

Stidham’s motorcycle struck the pickup’s front end. Stidham hit his brakes, and he and the motorcycle hit the ground. Then Stidham hit the pickup. He landed in the northbound lanes, Newark police said.

Stidham suffered a severe abdominal wound and died at the scene.

Witnesses and damage at the scene suggested Stidham was traveling at a high rate of speed, police said.

Police said the motorcycle was disintegrated.

Stidham was not wearing a helmet, according to authorities.

Wallace was treated for a right shoulder injury and leg injury at Licking Memorial Hospital.

No more immediate information was available.

I have a big problem with saying that because the motorcycle was disentegrated that he was traveling at a high rate of speed. Don't most bikes (and cars for that matter) crumble like paper to take the impact so the driver/passengers do not? Sometimes I think people use that as an excuse when they pull out in front of bikes and injure/kill riders. "Welp that bike sure sounded like it was going fast!" Although some bikers give others bad names as well... Who really knows?!

Stidham was driving so fast Wallace had little opportunity to see the motorcycle or stop, Haren said. Several witnesses said Stidham was driving on one wheel at some point shortly before the crash, he said.

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/article/20091022/NEWS01/910220337&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Riding like an idiot will result in idiotic endings. I feel for his family and friends and for the driver of the truck.

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

there is a pretty big spot where the crash was in the street. i was wondering what it was from on my way to work this morning. i couldn't tell from the pictures but it looks like the bike i see from time to time on 21st street. he is always weaving through traffic at a high rate of speed.

• Stidham was not wearing a helmet
  • Stidham was driving with a temporary motorcycle permit that restricted him from driving at night and required him to wear a helmet

added to the fact that he was driving at a high rate of speed on 21st street...which is not a smart move, I'd say he took the bet and lost.

sad no doubt and my condolences, but hopefully just one person who hears about this and matches those points changes their ways before they too don't get a second chance.

I believe he used to frequent the drag days, aside from that the name rings a bell but I don't recall from where.

Yep, went back through my files and he was on every drag day list I have. He was a mustang guy I believe. Sad to see a fellow enthusiast pass away but you just can't take risks like that.

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/article/20091023/OBITUARIES/91023008/1023

he was a friend of a friend....and none of you really know what happen so quit saying bullshit about it.....riding wheelies is part of riding a bike....a car pulling out in front of you is not....

I disagree, I have never pulled a wheelie on a public street.

there is a pretty big spot where the crash was in the street. i was wondering what it was from on my way to work this morning. i couldn't tell from the pictures but it looks like the bike i see from time to time on 21st street. he is always weaving through traffic at a high rate of speed.

He stopped in here a few times as well. Always left on one wheel.

RIP Randy

Guest tbutera2112
he was a friend of a friend....and none of you really know what happen so quit saying bullshit about it.....riding wheelies is part of riding a bike....a car pulling out in front of you is not....

i agree with nobody here really knowing what happened

but

i disagree with the last part of what you said... if he was doing a wheelie at 35mph in a 35mph zone, i could maybe say the truck was to blame...but at night time *i think thats when this occured? im not sure and dont wanna re-read article* if he was on one wheel then his headlight was up in the air and theres no way the truck would have even seen him....on top of that, speeding through a high traffic area always has its risks, in a car or a bike....he gambled and he lost... what he did is not part of riding, its part of risk-taking...we've all done it at some point, whether its doing 150+ in a car, wheelies on a bike, running a redlight, whatever....you take risks often enough and eventually the dice arent gonna land in your favor