Anybody with Wow cable having this issue?

SpaceGhost

I'm having with problems with channels even coming in, or if they do they are pixelated and appear to be constantly pausing and resuming. Its gay. I have an appt tomorrow for them to come out and fix it. It also affected my ondemand, we tried to watch a movie friday night and I had to restart it from the beginning and fast forward it 3 times. I told her I'm not paying for it, and she removed it from my bill she said.

happened a couple times during the fights on CBS last night. i thought it may have been people cussing in the background and the censors bleeping it out...must be an issue

i wish i could find out a way to turn off whatever setting i have that at 12:10am every night (1:10 during DST), i get a "your DVR will power down in 5 minutes". i can leave the TV on all day, and it doesnt do it until the same time every night. looked thru all the settings and cant find shit to turn it off

happened a couple times during the fights on CBS last night. i thought it may have been people cussing in the background and the censors bleeping it out...must be an issue

i wish i could find out a way to turn off whatever setting i have that at 12:10am every night (1:10 during DST), i get a "your DVR will power down in 5 minutes". i can leave the TV on all day, and it doesnt do it until the same time every night. looked thru all the settings and cant find shit to turn it off

lol, what does it matter? if you're watching tv just hit a button and the message goes away, or if your not you won't even get the message? just giving you a hard time evan, i get the same message too.

- The pixalation (digital breakup) is likely a signal issue (either low signal, poorly shielded or damaged cabling, bad or loose fittings, junk splitter) - at least 90% of the time. A service call should clear that up. Every once in a while it will be the box, but normally that's not the case.

- Audio dropping but video being fine can be several things. If you are running HDMI, make sure in the general settings that the audio out is set for HDMI. Also try rebooting the box. That said, I've also seen it be customer equipment (bad input or sound board on the TV), or bad HDMI or RCA cable between the box and the TV. It can also be the box. Normally if video is perfect and audio is the only thing having an issue, it isn't a signal or cabling issue - that said, there is always an exception to every rule. I have also seen the audio issue being a provider thing; CBS had a big problem a couple weeks ago with their audio.

- DVR shutting off at night - it's a feature that can't be shut off. Sorry.

- Recordings cutting off early = programming running long/off the time it is supposed to. You can set your DVR to record a few minutes before/after the program is supposed to start/stop. This is really a provider issue and not a WOW issue, as they aren't keeping to their schedule. Does it a lot on Heroes. This is 100% provider; same thing happens with Time Warner, which I'm sadly stuck with. :(

That said, I was watching a couple games and a movie on DirectTV yesterday. Compression much?!!! Some of those HD programs were barely HD, and some non-HD stuff looked worse than an analog feed (Jackets game in non-HD was so bad it was barely watchable).

I re-booted the box a couple of times yesterday, no fix. It has to be either the HDMI cable, or the box. My AppleTv has no sound issue and it is hooked up by HDMI also. I have another DVR upstairs and no audio issue. So I need to try to switch cables, the box is set up to go HDMI out to the TV. SO if the AppleTV HDMI cable doesn't fix the issue it must be the box.

I get no video interruption.

Hmm...havent been having the sound issue, but I occasionally get picture glitches. Nothing that really bothers me, I had DSS since the days where if it was even cloudy the picture would glitch. It was really bullet proof before I switched to WOW, but WOW is much cheaper.

I re-booted the box a couple of times yesterday, no fix. It has to be either the HDMI cable, or the box. My AppleTv has no sound issue and it is hooked up by HDMI also. I have another DVR upstairs and no audio issue. So I need to try to switch cables, the box is set up to go HDMI out to the TV. SO if the AppleTV HDMI cable doesn't fix the issue it must be the box.

I get no video interruption.

Is the box you have a Scientific Atlanta or Samsung?

Run it component video and analog audio right to the TV and see if the issue goes away. The HDMI outputs on the boxes are very flaky.

If you still are having the issues then you can get into the box's menu to pull up the signal strength right at the incoming RF input. You could have had something recently change in your subdivision that may have made the signal strength too hot or weak.