can you tell a difference? Finished!

jeffro

cutting springs is perfectly fine for saving money. linear springs dont lose their springyness when you cut them.... i really dont want this to turn into an argument.

Correct.

It's really never the springs themselves that cause bounciness, instead it's lack of dampening after lowering a car and blowing shocks. Usually anything up to about an inch and a half is pretty safe, but any more than that can get a bit hairy as far as shock wear goes.

I think I even read somewhere, that by cutting linear springs you very slightly increase the linear springrate, or something crazy like that.

Guest JCroz91
Keke, cut 1 coil off the front. i couldnt get the rear control arm bolts out last night so i said fuck it. im still going to buy dereks springs, those things are sweet.

+1 but dont put them in till after winter. and get your fenders rolled if you have wide tires that will need it.

i finished cutting them last night. im hoping it settles a bit cuz Iz wantz moar lowz.

heres what i removed. the left is the rear pieces, the right is the front pieces.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_zt1IrYTCrOo/Svs0a0xL_BI/AAAAAAAAAHI/bpdalT29-Us/s912/spring%20pieces.jpg

finished product.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_zt1IrYTCrOo/Svs0a0ekHyI/AAAAAAAAAHM/SjDZw8BqVB8/s912/finished.jpg

still not low enough IMO. ride quality hasnt been affected at all.

Guest tbutera2112
it looks good...i think thats the perfect stance...i had my car pretty damn low and it sucked for driving around anywhere that had bumps or inclines or anything like that...tore up my chin spoiler in one weekend of driving around the west side