Ohio Riders Spring Dyno Day - 4/4/2009

DTM Brian

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid question; do both pulls have to be simultaneous or can they be run with some time and other peoples' runs in between? I'd love to use this as an opportunity to test an idea that is hotly debated among 650r owners, but it'd take maybe 30-45 mins of work to set the bike up after the first pull.

Stupid question; do both pulls have to be simultaneous or can they be run with some time and other peoples' runs in between? I'd love to use this as an opportunity to test an idea that is hotly debated among 650r owners, but it'd take maybe 30-45 mins of work to set the bike up after the first pull.

Brian is a pretty cool guy, I dont see a problem with splitting your runs...

I will get back to you on this. We will come up with something that is both fair and reasonable. I do not want a situation where there are a number of people wanting to do this. It may not seem like a lot of time to put a bike on and off the dyno. However, multiply that time by 20+ bikes and we add a significant amount time to those are who are waiting patiently to get on the dyno.

Like Born Sinner and CBR Girl said, I am pretty cool when it comes to taking care of the Ohio Riders members. Just need to make sure that we treat everyone the same and give the same amount of time.

$20.00 is a good value for information you receive.

I will get back to you on this. We will come up with something that is both fair and reasonable. I do not want a situation where there are a number of people wanting to do this. It may not seem like a lot of time to put a bike on and off the dyno. However, multiply that time by 20+ bikes and we add a significant amount time to those are who are waiting patiently to get on the dyno.

Like Born Sinner and CBR Girl said, I am pretty cool when it comes to taking care of the Ohio Riders members. Just need to make sure that we treat everyone the same and give the same amount of time.

$20.00 is a good value for information you receive.

Honestly it's perfectly fine if you'd prefer not to do it. I've never done a dyno day and don't know how things are typically run, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I realize you are doing us all a nice favor by hosting this event, and I'm not about to demand special privilege on top of everything else we're all getting :)

I know for certain there are quite a few 'northerners' that would like to participate in this but being it's the first week of April it's still very early in the season and thusly a bit cold for us to ride down. I understand you have dates to start other projects. But given enough time to setup the date, could something a bit later done? It could potentially get more people there.

Just throwin' it out there Brian.

Another question I have is....."How many pulls would I need to get a custom map for my PCIII?" I downloaded the map off power commander's website for my bike and exhaust. Would probably be good enough but I also heard you need about 10 pulls for a good map. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Turbo,

Stop by and look at my trailer again. If you think it would hold 2 busas then I will have a guy at work weld more support to it. Then buy 1 more motorcycle chock and a sheet of diamond plate. Then we would be good to go for a trip down south.

I will have to do that. But half the fun is the ride down.

Another question I have is....."How many pulls would I need to get a custom map for my PCIII?" I downloaded the map off power commander's website for my bike and exhaust. Would probably be good enough but I also heard you need about 10 pulls for a good map. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

That would be a tuning sessions. Hour or so usually. Brian offers $50 off power commander tuning to Ohio Riders members.

dynotune.jpg

I will have to do that. But half the fun is the ride down.

Well if the weather is nice I will ride down. If it isn't we will trailer down. Give me a call when you wanna come over. It will take me about 30 minutes to move everything & get the trailer out.

How much is power commander tuning & would you be able to do it the day of the dyno day?

I don't do it, Brian (DTM Brian) does. He owns Dynotune Motorsports. I think it's normally $150, so $100 after the $50 off. And usually he doesn't do them during dyno days. You have to verify all this with him though. This is info from last year. He might have changed the prices. I don't know.

I'd LOVE to see that Turbo Busa! Bring it down please! :woo:

Last year it was a little chilly in the morning around high 40's probably when we left Dayton. But, it got HOT by the time we left the dyno day. You'll be alright, dress warm so you can take layers off as it gets warmer.:cool:

I'd LOVE to see that Turbo Busa! Bring it down please! :woo:

:cool:

If you are referring to me, I don't have a turbo on my Busa. Turbo810 is from the Kawi GPZ 750 turbo I used to owen. It had an 810 piston kit. I just have kept the name.

Edited by Turbo810