Casing my place....

Putty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My grandparents house was broken into yesterday morning, like 5 minutes after my grandpa left. They kicked down the back door, frame and all, but ran out as soon as they heard the alarm we think. Nothing was taken, but definitely unnerving. My grandpa said he'd just gotten on the hwy when the alarm company called, so someone must have been watching the house/him, and went after he left. They live in a good area as well, and have never had a problem in the past 15 years.

Be on the alert for sure, I'm not sure if its a good thing that they cased it but didn't break in or not? Maybe they didn't see anything interesting and moved on, or maybe they will try and break in when they think no one is home? Scary shit.

ive been hearing alot of this going on last few weeks, also alot of ppl say they are starting to notice weird cars that ususally dont see driving in the neighborhoods

whats brinks $ run a month if you dont mind me askin?, we have schmit sp? at work and it seems to work well, ive thought about this in my house

whats brinks $ run a month if you dont mind me askin?, we have schmit sp? at work and it seems to work well, ive thought about this in my house

We have Brinks......auto pay......but IIRC, it was like $34mo. I prepay the year now and they give me a decent break to like $27 or $29mo. I can't recall.

cool deal, is that motion and opening devices? have like 11 windows and 3 doors not even counting 2 in garage and the gararge door itself

id say if it keeps someone just at bay enought to get in and leave it would be worth it, had above posters Gpa had not had it the might have cleaned him out

cool deal, is that motion and opening devices? have like 11 windows and 3 doors not even counting 2 in garage and the gararge door itself

id say if it keeps someone just at bay enought to get in and leave it would be worth it, had above posters Gpa had not had it the might have cleaned him out

monitoring costs aren't dependant on how the system is set up. I won't get into details of how ours is set up, but let's just say we have every possible entry point covered, some in overlapping ways.

IMO, it's not fool-proof. If they want in, they will get in, however, I doubt they are going to pick my house vs the those around me without a system.

Besides, if they do get in, they call within 20-30 seconds of the alarm sounding and Cbus cops are usually in area so I have no doubt the response time would prevent them from getting much. At any given time, there are Dublin, Perry Township and Cbus cops within just a few streets of our home.

Check out http://theexecutivesecurityconsultants.com - local company in business for 22 years with a local monitoring center that knows our areas. Owner Doug just put a nice wired system in my place at a great price, first year monitoring free, $25/mo after. My grandmother has had him for 15 years. He was out at my place checking things out within two hours of calling on a Saturday afternoon, I had a system less than three days later - it look ATT longer to set up my phone line. Tell him Chris Green referred you.

P.S. Anyone paying more than $25/mo, call him, he can monitor most system types.

whats brinks $ run a month if you dont mind me askin?,

I am not sure, to be honest. They take it auto pay each month. It's Broadview now, by the way.

ill have to call my dad and let him know charles...since he lives like 6 houses down from you.

Yeah, good idea. I got home lastnight and neighbor had same prints in her backyard....WITHIN her fence.

Just do a bunch of the home alarm stickers and what not.. usually they look to smash and grab at the easy places with things visible in sight inside.

Keep the goodies out of view.. like the TVs and game systems and stuff.. if they cant see shit to grab they wont smash in unless they know its there. Weve been finding that the vast majority of these smash and grabs are being done by young ass punks.

Make sure you leave all your outside lights on at night too. When we had the apartments, in 25 years an apartment with it's porch lights on never got broken into.

lights are a big thing it they are breaking in at nice. At the entrence of out housing development they never have lights on, its until you get about 8houses from mine we all leave our lights on.