What's this cable for?

Snowflake

male to male? must be a gay thing. I wouldn't own such a device that requires it. :p

Its already out of here, trust me...

A male to male connection means you need to put it in your butt for it to work.

which end goes in the butt?

That cable shouldn't exist. If you own it and plug it in, the universe will implode. DO NOT PLUG THIS CABLE INTO ANYTHING, EVAR!

The gold plating is for bling.

lol!!

Ummm, no.

Physically it could, but no one implements that with DVI. DVI-D is a digital-only DVI connection.

Do some googling friendo. There are some cable carriers wih SA boxes (ahem) that utilize DVI-D out that carries sound. You get a DVI-D to HDMI adapter and guess what, SOUND!

For further proof, I'll bring my computer over, plug in my DVI-D to HDMI adapter in and tell me how it sounds. :D

Ummm, no.

Physically it could, but no one implements that with DVI. DVI-D is a digital-only DVI connection.

My media center PC connects from DVI on the PC to HDMI on the monitor. Hey, the monitor is magically putting out sound too! WTF!

Yes, it does carry audio.

My media center PC connects from DVI on the PC to HDMI on the monitor. Hey, the monitor is magically putting out sound too! WTF!

Yes, it does carry audio.

Interesting, after a few minutes of using google, it doesn't show this to be a common at all (I found one obsecure thread that showed someone trying to use this feature). So though it may be possible in a PC application and an input device that allows this, it is not common for sure.

Regardless, Jones was still incorrect, as DVI-D has nothing to do with its ability to carry audio, but that it is an all digital DVI cable (DVI-I could carry digital audio as well).

And the poster will still need another source for sound.