Answers to some track day questions...

MrMeanGreen

I've had several questions posed about running different types of vehicles during our event on the 23rd. This is the response from Trails:

Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 11:59 AM

Subject: Re: 2010 agreement

I have three questions from people wanting to attend the event:

1) Can someone make a pass in a go-cart?

2) Can someone run in a Factory Five kit car, fully assembled with cage, but minus body?

3) Can someone run a dual-sport motorcycle on knobby tires?</pre>

________________________________</pre>

Anthony,

I don't think the go cart will fit into any class covered by our rules. Two main concerns, 3" of ground clearance and no less than a 90 inch wheel base. The Factory Five kit car without a body would need to meet the requirements for an altered race car including a jacket meeting SFI 3.2A/5 - gloves SFI 3.3/1 and a full face helmet SNELL M2000 or newer. The dual sport bike would need to meet all requirements for a ET Motorcycle and could only run 1/8 mile passes.

</pre>

Is it going to be all heads-up, or will there be any bracket rounds? Other than racing BDAZ, I'd like to have a fighting chance at winning a race or two.

You have no chance. Unless you sabotage more of my car so i cant have my nice car back.

God i hope i can make it out to this. If i do i won't know till next week but damn id love to see what the supra runs.

Going from other peoples runs / dyno charts etc. im guestimating 350rhwp @ 15psi and a mid 12 from what ive read.

You have no chance. Unless you sabotage more of my car so i cant have my nice car back.

WTF ever, you need to come over and work on it more that 15 minutes at a time. There is plenty for you to do before that pump needs to be in there. Besides, using old OEM plastic parts bit us in the ass on this one.

:gtfo: