got an early birthday gift

kirks5oh

I'm not trying to compete at all...hell, I'd love to have that car in that garage, and would option it about the same. I just don't consider it a gift. To say she selected a bad-ass car for you, then there is an accurate statement IMO. Or she made a sweet-ass suprise purchase for you.

no problem. i'd rather be at work than at home managing 3 kids under the age of 3---that's a non-stop job. sure, we could do daycare, and my wife could work as an ICU nurse again--

she supported me for 6 years of our marriage when i wasn't making squat. we never do expensive birthday gifts--maybe just a couple hundred bucks at most.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geeeeez so many people worried about how this is not a "gift" fucking haters lol either way man enjoy the new car, look like you owe her a nice dinner (make sure you take it out of your account , that way she knows its a gift from you), and test drive. Must be nice to just "scrape" off 70k lol J/k im sure all the hard work in school and student loans are well worth it. Congrats man

Geeeeez so many people worried about how this is not a "gift" fucking haters lol either way man enjoy the new car, look like you owe her a nice dinner (make sure you take it out of your account , that way she knows its a gift from you), and test drive. Must be nice to just "scrape" off 70k lol J/k im sure all the hard work in school and student loans are well worth it. Congrats man

the only person that is worried about it being a gift is Joe as far as I can tell

where in WI are you?

i'm about an hour north of milwaukee, and a half hour south of green bay

thanks for the comments guys. probably going to sell my '87 foxbody. its going to kill me to do it, but i just don't drive the car anymore, and i can't justifiy having cars that sit forever.

Don't lie. He uses saws and drills on people for money.

By the way, if you ever need a driver for a side by side comparison between the vette and cobra let me know :)

pretty sure my stock clutch is finally giving up on me. can't believe it held up to almost 600rwhp for 3 years. i guess i just don't drive it hard enough.

pretty sure my stock clutch is finally giving up on me. can't believe it held up to almost 600rwhp for 3 years. i guess i just don't drive it hard enough.

Mine wasn't slipping when I upgraded the transmission, but I had to get a new one with the 26 spline input. When I took it out, it was worn down to the rivets, or whatever those are, and needed replaced then anyway. Would have killed the flywheel if I hadn't gotten in there when I did. Of course, I had 55,xxx or so miles on it when it came out, so that wasn't too bad.