got an early birthday gift

kirks5oh

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a call from my wife today telling me that the builder who's working on our house found something wrong with my detached garage---great. i go there to meet with the builder and my wife tells me he's going to be there in 10 minutes, but the problem is in the back of the shop. ok.............

i walk into the garage and this is what i found.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5402/dsc01041ue.jpg

i've been talking about these cars for a while now, and my wife picked this one perfectly, down to the color, wheels, etc. i've never been so shocked in my life--still in shock right now. its a brand new '09 cyber gray metallic 3lz with just about every option except the dvd navigation. took it out for a quick spin and loved it. fast, smooth, before i knew it, i was going 80.

best gift i've ever gotten by a longshot, obviously.

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/7281/dsc01034v.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3341/dsc01029z.jpg

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5153/dsc01037cz.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9475/dsc01027rh.jpg

It's official. I hate you, Kirk. Haha. That is one sexy piece of machinery you got there.

If you earned 100% of the money used to purchase this car, how is this a gift?

Just to make sure I wasn't off base - I reconfirmed with my wife, who also said this is NOT A GIFT.

Sweet ass car you purchased yourself.

:rolleyes: Considering he wanted one, but decided to save money instead and his wife was cool enough step up and buy it this was definitely a "gift"... Haters gotta hate...

thanks guys. i consider it a gift. there's no way i would have spent that money on a car, even if i can afford it--my wife knows that. call it what you will. got a chance to drive it last night and am still getting used to it--

feels completely different from my cobra.

Just to make sure I wasn't off base - I reconfirmed with my wife, who also said this is NOT A GIFT.

You're just pissed because you can't brag about having the "best wife ever who gets the best gifts" anymore.

Who gives a fuck.

Congrats, dont mind the haters. Love the shop, are you puting in a lift?. I need to coat my floor, your's looks great.

thanks ray. hopefully going to get a 4 post lift this summer. i'm glad i had the floor done. i considered doing it myself, but it certainly would not have turned out as well--and the guy who did it warranties his work for 10 years.

Kirk,

Congrats on your new toy. I hope are paths will cross soon.

How far are you from Madison and Waukesha?

probably about 2 hours from madison, and an hour-and-a-half from waukesha---i'm just a bit further north

Guest Removed

being legally married..., and with there prenuptial, he is cheating on her, with this car..so there for, over 1/2 his income is hers, and she can do with it, as she please's.:p

My wife doesn't dig into my bank account to buy me stuff.

Just because you don't make enough to soley support your wife doesn't make it any less of a gift. My mom hasn't worked in over 35 years, I guess she never never bought my dad a gift then huh? GTFO

My wife doesn't dig into my bank account to buy me stuff.

we don't have separate accounts. my wife does all the finances, and generally runs a tight ship. i've got my 403b maxxed out monthly, and plenty coming out monthly for investing, and college educations. i wouldn't say my wife "dug" into our account. more like scraped the surface. not to be a dick, but i didn't mean this thread to be any type of competition

we don't have separate accounts. my wife does all the finances, and generally runs a tight ship. i've got my 403b maxxed out monthly, and plenty coming out monthly for investing, and college educations. i wouldn't say my wife "dug" into our account. more like scraped the surface. not to be a dick, but i didn't mean this thread to be any type of competition

I'm not trying to compete at all...hell, I'd love to have that car in that garage, and would option it about the same. I just don't consider it a gift. To say she selected a bad-ass car for you, then there is an accurate statement IMO. Or she made a sweet-ass suprise purchase for you.

Love the car, hate the word usage. :)

Just because you don't make enough to soley support your wife doesn't make it any less of a gift. My mom hasn't worked in over 35 years, I guess she never never bought my dad a gift then huh? GTFO

I could soley support my wife, just not at the lifestyle we currently live. Doesn't matter, I don't want a house wife, and my wife doesn't ever want to be out. Buying someone a $200 present with their money might be considered a gift...buying a $80,000 car is not. But call it what you like, doesn't make a difference to me.

What do you do for a living if i may ask?

There is no such thing as the mafia. Get the picture? ;)