where do you boat?

SRTurbo04

I've been meaning to ask where do you all boat/jet ski at?

I usually go to alum creek the most sometimes buckeye lake if its not god awefull choppy.

I keep hearing about griggs resivior? All I've heard is that its no jet skis .. anyone have any info on this? Is it worth going to check out?

Also hear about indian lake.

Any good spots within an hour to 1.5 hour drive worth going to?

Indian Lake sucks. It's even more shallow than Buckeye Lake.

I used to almost live on Griggs (our condo was against the park that is on Griggs). No tubing or Jet-Skis, but pretty smooth, and a nice place to boat. Probably one of, if not the, biggest wake boarding areas in Ohio.

I only live about 3 minutes from the O'shaughnessy boat ramp, so we hit that mostly now. It's like Griggs, except it is a little shorter but a little wider. Normally if you stay towards the west side, the water is glass unless it is windy. Middle and easy and it isn't as smooth. Decent amount of wakeboarding there.

Alum during the week only - it is 100% worthless on the weekends.

My favorite in Ohio is Muskingum in Zainsville - water is glass all the time, very friendly people, the channel lock-to-lock is plenty long, never too many boats (even on holidays).

If you want a decent lake, Seneca Lake is good too, with some good camping. Had my bachelor party there, and went there a lot growing up. Water is usually pretty decent there.

Delaware State Park is basically a slightly smaller version of Alum, and not worth driving further to visit. I have a buddy that lives about as close as you can to the Delaware launch, and he still goes to Alum.

Cumberland is the shit, but it's a bit of a haul.

Any more info on Ceasar or Apple Valley? Haven't heard of either one.

I'm all for trying something new, as long as it isn't some shallow ass shit hole of a wannabe lake like Buckeye or Indian, and isn't some choppy disaster.

Depends on the boating you want to do. I don't ski or any of that, and prefer alum. It really isn't that choppy. Delaware is nice only in the fact it is 2 miles from the shop and is always quiet and open for any testing.

Not a fan of lake erie, if I am going to be driving that far might as well go another 3 hours to cumberland. Also don't like griggs or oshaughnessey, the length limits and speed limits kinda throw everything off. Their probably not bad places to ski though.

Depends on the boating you want to do. I don't ski or any of that, and prefer alum. It really isn't that choppy. Delaware is nice only in the fact it is 2 miles from the shop and is always quiet and open for any testing.

Not a fan of lake erie, if I am going to be driving that far might as well go another 3 hours to cumberland. Also don't like griggs or oshaughnessey, the length limits and speed limits kinda throw everything off. Their probably not bad places to ski though.

Well boating wise my titiny boat just kinda cruises. Haha but I'm looking into a better boat inwich I will be tubing /wakeboarding off of. I keep hearing about how amazing cumberland is might check it out after the new axel goes on the boat trailer.

Apple Valley. It's in Mt. Vernon

Apple Valley is private. I was told you can sneak in though. The one time we were going to try and sneak in there while at my parents camper in Mt Vernon, they were checking stickers at the ramp. So I drug it all the way up there for nothing.

I am 99% of the time in Alum. The only time I am not there is when I just want a close to home cruise, then I go to O'shaughnessy. Now that I am keeping the boat right at the Marina at Alum though, I will probably go there for my quickie cruises.

Edited by FormulaMatt

We've got a slip on Scioto, definitely good for skiing/wakeboarding but not much else. Obviously too narrow for tubing and they don't allow pwc's. Otherwise, its Cumberland, been going there since '89.

Indian Lake sucks. It's even more shallow than Buckeye Lake.

I used to almost live on Griggs (our condo was against the park that is on Griggs). No tubing or Jet-Skis, but pretty smooth, and a nice place to boat. Probably one of, if not the, biggest wake boarding areas in Ohio.

I only live about 3 minutes from the O'shaughnessy boat ramp, so we hit that mostly now. It's like Griggs, except it is a little shorter but a little wider. Normally if you stay towards the west side, the water is glass unless it is windy. Middle and easy and it isn't as smooth. Decent amount of wakeboarding there.

Alum during the week only - it is 100% worthless on the weekends.

My favorite in Ohio is Muskingum in Zainsville - water is glass all the time, very friendly people, the channel lock-to-lock is plenty long, never too many boats (even on holidays).

If you want a decent lake, Seneca Lake is good too, with some good camping. Had my bachelor party there, and went there a lot growing up. Water is usually pretty decent there.

Delaware State Park is basically a slightly smaller version of Alum, and not worth driving further to visit. I have a buddy that lives about as close as you can to the Delaware launch, and he still goes to Alum.

Joe's got it down. Except for me Muskingum is my #1 as thats where I dock my boat all summer.

lakecumberland ftw

but all i have to do is walk out my back door and its like 100 yards from my house

dale hollow is really nice to its in ky and tenn 1/2 the size of cumberland but just as if not more clear as cumberland

i wouldnt say 200 but might be a lil more than 100

all i know is the core owns part of my property so i cant do shit with it

and the area im at dont have as much as a clif you can walk down to the water its steep thow

this look far but it wraps around the 1 hill http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/27/l_047512064c894f299f55afe8c5db1196.jpg

more pics if you want to look

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=55674081&albumId=2640161

this is off otter creek