where do you boat?

SRTurbo04

Apple Valley is private. I was told you can sneak in though. The one time we were going to try and sneak in there while at my parents camper in Mt Vernon, they were checking stickers at the ramp. So I drug it all the way up there for nothing.

I am 99% of the time in Alum. The only time I am not there is when I just want a close to home cruise, then I go to O'shaughnessy. Now that I am keeping the boat right at the Marina at Alum though, I will probably go there for my quickie cruises.

Yeah it is private. I'm doubting the sneaking in part though. It'd be tough, but that's why the water is decently smooth and not a ton of boats on the water.

I know it's kinda shitty out, but we will be doing a Buckeye Lake Bar Crawl today for my friend's bachelor party. Look for us if you happen to be out. Sucks though that I can't remember what my buddy's boat looks like it's been so long that I have been on it.

I know it's kinda shitty out, but we will be doing a Buckeye Lake Bar Crawl today for my friend's bachelor party. Look for us if you happen to be out. Sucks though that I can't remember what my buddy's boat looks like it's been so long that I have been on it.

have fun on that one... thunderstorms lightning hard wind. possibly tornados sirens going off lol

Hope your actually doing a bar drive around the north and east side of the lake.

Im going to head there tomorrow for a quick sprint back and forth.

have fun on that one... thunderstorms lightning hard wind. possibly tornados sirens going off lol

It actually worked out just fine. My buddy's boat is a Malibu Wakesetter VLX with the Big V8 with 505 HP. It is a pretty bad fuckin boat. We got a few hours of tubing in, then when we started bar hopping it stormed, then when we were done bar hopping, it cleared up and the water calmed down and we got like 4 hours of wakeboarding in.

It actually worked out just fine. My buddy's boat is a Malibu Wakesetter VLX with the Big V8 with 505 HP. It is a pretty bad fuckin boat. We got a few hours of tubing in, then when we started bar hopping it stormed, then when we were done bar hopping, it cleared up and the water calmed down and we got like 4 hours of wakeboarding in.

If it is the 505HP engine, it has the LS7 in it. That is one damn expensive boat IIRC.

If it is the 505HP engine, it has the LS7 in it. That is one damn expensive boat IIRC.

I think I heard some of the other guys talking about it costing around $45k when they bought it brand new.

The sucker goes though. We were just cruising through the lake and had a boat go flying past us and we told our buddy to "catch him" and within a few seconds we went flying past the guy who was still at full throttle.

2 house boats reserved at state, entry fees paid, you going down?

Most likely. We usually just camp out at Conley. Our group has talked about staying over there in a houseboat since there is a hell of a party there in the evenings.

Still kind of sucks the lake is down, heading back to the falls was always a great time

Holy Shit, I just looked it up, that was like a $75k boat when they bought it brand new!

That sounds more like it - 45k won't buy you shit for a V-drive wakeboard boat. A lightly optioned entry model Moomba or Gekko, and that's about it.

My two favorites are over 100k new. :( (Mastercraft X-55 and X-80).

• 3 weeks later...
I used to almost live on Griggs (our condo was against the park that is on Griggs). No tubing or Jet-Skis, but pretty smooth, and a nice place to boat. Probably one of, if not the, biggest wake boarding areas in Ohio.

I only live about 3 minutes from the O'shaughnessy boat ramp, so we hit that mostly now. It's like Griggs, except it is a little shorter but a little wider. Normally if you stay towards the west side, the water is glass unless it is windy. Middle and easy and it isn't as smooth. Decent amount of wakeboarding there.

gonna try one of these places out this weekend. where are these located at? mabey some easy directions from reynoldsburg?

also what one is better for a new wakeboarder…. my sister didnt like other boats flying past here as she was learning so I guess less busy would be better…

also any rules that I need to know of since its smaller. ie speedlimits ect?

gonna try one of these places out this weekend. where are these located at? mabey some easy directions from reynoldsburg?

also what one is better for a new wakeboarder…. my sister didnt like other boats flying past here as she was learning so I guess less busy would be better…

also any rules that I need to know of since its smaller. ie speedlimits ect?

Griggs, if you get to the corner of Fishinger and Riverside, you are pretty much at the boat ramp. Just south of Fishinger (like .2 miles).

O'shaughnessy ramp is at the corner of Home Rd and Riverside (just south of Home Rd...like .1 miles, if that).

O'shaughnessy would be less busy for sure. Griggs is pretty one of (or likely THE) biggest Wakeboarding areas in Ohio...tons of wakeboard boats out there. Only real rules are no PWC's or tubing. You might get a little chop on Griggs mid-day Sat/Sun, and usually never on O'shaughnessy (especially if you boat along the west side).

I will be out tomorrow afternoon on O'shaughnessy. If you see a white w/ green Sea Ray 160 (though it has no badging other than the 160 on the back) open bow boat, come say hi to us...probably just my wife and my best friend will be out there.

Griggs, if you get to the corner of Fishinger and Riverside, you are pretty much at the boat ramp. Just south of Fishinger (like .2 miles).

O'shaughnessy ramp is at the corner of Home Rd and Riverside (just south of Home Rd...like .1 miles, if that).

O'shaughnessy would be less busy for sure. Griggs is pretty one of (or likely THE) biggest Wakeboarding areas in Ohio...tons of wakeboard boats out there. Only real rules are no PWC's or tubing. You might get a little chop on Griggs mid-day Sat/Sun, and usually never on O'shaughnessy (especially if you boat along the west side).

I will be out tomorrow afternoon on O'shaughnessy. If you see a white w/ green Sea Ray 160 (though it has no badging other than the 160 on the back) open bow boat, come say hi to us...probably just my wife and my best friend will be out there.

Will do. Gonna try to get some bindings an hit one of the two.

Will do. Gonna try to get some bindings an hit one of the two.

I thought I saw your boat out there later this afternoon, cruising by while were we prepping for more boarding. I was out from about 4-7.

I would have been out longer, but the wife left my depth finder on the last time we were out, put the boat in...wouldn't start. :( Had enough juice for the blower, but not enough to crank over. Pulled it back out of the water, strapped her down, drove back to the house and charged it for a bit, and luckily we were good to go from there. Got two rounds of wakeboarding and a round of slalom in, then got hit by the rain as I was pulling out of the water.

I thought I saw your boat out there later this afternoon, cruising by while were we prepping for more boarding. I was out from about 4-7.

I would have been out longer, but the wife left my depth finder on the last time we were out, put the boat in...wouldn't start. :( Had enough juice for the blower, but not enough to crank over. Pulled it back out of the water, strapped her down, drove back to the house and charged it for a bit, and luckily we were good to go from there. Got two rounds of wakeboarding and a round of slalom in, then got hit by the rain as I was pulling out of the water.

I thought I saw ur boat but wasent sure so didn't wanna reandomly come over like ughhhh hey :lol:

An holy crap that place was smoooth as glass dammm now I see what u mean by alum being choppy haha

Will be gong there for wakeboarding now. Only downfall is alum of crap in the water, an alottttt of wood sticking outta the water